ElianeFranco's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

GLG Connect Live 2018 Eliane Franco Application

Hello everyone!

If there's anything I can say about being part of the Local Guides program, it's how much it helped me grow and mature, made of me a better person with a much more humanized existence.

Composing this family of different nationalities, languages ​​and cultures has been a priceless experience. Every opinion and behavior made me think a lot about my existence; opened my eyes to questions that before I didn't know or even notice.

Be inclusive. These two words, which I heard a few months ago echoed in my mind for a long time. It made me question myself, about how much I still need to improve and how much I can do for those around me in community.

First thought when we talk about inclusion, is to have the impulse to defend ourselves from our own judgment.

In my opinion we know that what we do is not enough, we can do better, we can do more. But as an impulse, we convince ourselves that we do the least ... at least we do something.

Well, talk about accessibility opened my eyes.

Contributing to Maps highlighting the places that are willing and qualified to receive disabled people was a good way to make me look at a world that, until then, I didn´t belong. Not because I don't care, but because I was insensitive to the subject, since I don't live with the disable rotine in my day-to-day life.

I've grow. I have a critical eye on how prepared the establishment is to receive the community as total, if is inclusive.

I'm a volunteer in various social institutions in my city, such as rest home, kindergarten, school and treatment for special people, institutions that care for abandoned animals.

I participate more in my community than I did before, and I can't help to attribute the exaltation of this awareness to the Google Local Guides program and to all those who are part of this family and constantly encourages others to do their best for their community in favor of a better world.

We help others when we add or edit any information to the profile, we help to others each time we highlight a place accessible to the disabled, we help to others by showing in the review of a place the specific options of foods that pertain to certain cultures or practice of the veganism.

I thank, from the bottom of my heart, all those who make this program the best information platform of locations and also, the most inclusive.

Thank you for opening our eyes and heart to contribute to a world of more love and inclusion.

It's not just about where to eat. It's not just about review something or somewhere. It's not just about mapping places. It's not just about criticizing a customer service.

It is about making the experience of others the best possible, valuing what the place has the best to offer. That, to me, is what the Local Guides program represents.

My name is Eliane Franco, I live in São Paulo and I have been a local guide for three years because I am in love with this huge family!

Helping others does not require much effort or time. With less than five minutes of our time we can make a difference on the day of someone who is in search of information to plan a pleasant time for themselves, to plan their routine or even to surprise someone. Contributing to Maps is like digital Bliss Point, the more we participate, the more we want to do and more we wait for what's coming next.

I am proud to be a contributor to this program and to have the privilege of keeping up with growth and evolution.

Be kind to another

Love to y'all.

Eliane Franco.jpg

Eliane Franco SP - Brazil
Califórnia, EUA