DUB-EDITS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

GEAR 360 2017 - NOT GEOTAGGING

Hello,

I have the Gear 360 2017 a month.. And i can say that it is not really good.

The biggest issue that i have is that it is not geotagging correctly.  Most of the times the pictures have al the same geotag or they just have no location information.

What i tried:

I tried to keep my gps updated by running google maps in the background. Well that worked for the first picture but than all the pictures got the same geotag. And after a while the gear 360 app just crashed.

I also tried to pair it with the Google streetview app but as many people are saying, it isnt compatiable with the gear 360.

My setup

1. Iphone 7 Plus (Wifi & Bluetooth always on)
  2. Gear 360 2017
  3. Unlimted celular data.

I really need a fix for this!

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: GEAR 360 2017 - NOT GEOTAGGING

Hi @DUB-EDITS

Please read this discussion I think it's helping you

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 4

Hi NareshDarji,

Thanks you! There is no solution on that page..

Also the Street-view app is not compatible with the gear 360 2017..

There must be a way to connect the gear 360 2017 with the Street-view app.. Or atleast let us geotag.

Level 6

I've had it since release and have found a similar issue. What happens is that the geotag exists in the original image, however it seems it gets stripped when you stitch to view in app/on the desktop. From what I've done (uploaded about 250 new images to street view this way) is to either let the geotag be stripped and manually choose a location for each image during upload into Google maps or there are a few online sites that will inject new metadata (far more complex since hat requires exact coordinates). If you use one of those sites on the original image capture (I.e. Don't save to device, move raw image off the card onto your computer) you'll see the metadata and geotag exists just fine. Seems like the stitching process in iOS strips data sometimes. The fact we don't have the critical piece of software available for Mac makes it even harder

@DUB-EDITS wrote:

Hi NareshDarji,

Thanks you! There is no solution on that page..

Also the Street-view app is not compatible with the gear 360 2017..

There must be a way to connect the gear 360 2017 with the Street-view app.. Or atleast let us geotag.