Sriaxis's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Friend request

How to send friend request to fellow guides.

M Srinivas
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 6
Solution

Re: Friend request

 Hey @Sriaxis 

Thank You for asking. 

There is no any option to send friend request to fellow local guides on connect as well as maps.

Moreover, you can follow them by opening their profile and scrolling down to the 'Contact Me' section.

5578E947-2523-4397-95D3-4ED9E29AC781.jpeg

Here you all also find the option for sending 'private messages'

Thank You 

Wander - Indulge - Eat
with Vinay Krishna

View solution in original post

Level 6
Solution

 Hey @Sriaxis 

Thank You for asking. 

There is no any option to send friend request to fellow local guides on connect as well as maps.

Moreover, you can follow them by opening their profile and scrolling down to the 'Contact Me' section.

5578E947-2523-4397-95D3-4ED9E29AC781.jpeg

Here you all also find the option for sending 'private messages'

Thank You 

Wander - Indulge - Eat
with Vinay Krishna
Level 9

Hi @Sriaxis thank you for reaching out.

What @VinayKrishna has shared with you is completely correct. You can also check this post on How do I follow other Local Guides on Connect? to learn more. This feature is for following local guides here on Connect only. We do have another feature to follow one another on Google Maps, this allow you to see their contribution, see this post for more information on Introducing a new way to discover places on Google Maps even though our Google Maps app version has changed its visual graphics, you can still see contribution from local guides you are following on the updates icon represented with a bell. Cheers!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @VinayKrishna,

I just wanted to let you know that I accepted your answer solution as it gives the proper details and explanation to @Sriaxis' s question. The purpose of this feature is to help Local Guides find answers on specific questions or issues when searching on the Connect. You can take a look at: How do I mark comments as solutions.

Thanks so much @Raphael-Mahumane for your help and tips, too!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

thanks Vinay, i figured it out.  

M Srinivas
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Sriaxis

Here is a tip for you how to tag Local Guides - please use the @ sign followed by typing the username every time you want someone to see your reply. Once you tag someone, he/she will receive a notification from you.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!