AZ_2021's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Finding A Connection in a Local Italian Deli

@AZ_2021's Star Photo of DeFalco's Italian Deli & Grocery uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-06-04 and showing star views of 6,251,268 as at 2022-09-21@AZ_2021's Star Photo of DeFalco's Italian Deli & Grocery uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-06-04 and showing star views of 6,251,268 as at 2022-09-21

I hope everyone had a great weekend and yay to being done with Monday! 

I wanted to share this photo here with the Local Guides community, and also share how I photographed it and the story behind it. 

I had driven by this plaza a few times and was curious to explore.

I made sure to get to the plaza early before it opened. This way, I could take a clear photo without people or cars in the views. I went about 9 am that day. I didn't want to go too early or else the lighting would be very dim.

The Italian store in the picture is a small business and not many people know about it as much as other brand name stores. 
While most photos were of the inside and the food, my shot captured the storefront, so people who are looking for it can know what to look for and find it easier. 

Something funny also happened the day I was taking those pictures. An owner of another store in the plaza came out to ask me what I was doing, and I explained to him I was talking about Local Guides and what we do. It was great how Local Guides connected us two and how I was able to share the Maps program with others. 

I took this photo using my Android smartphone and it really does amaze me that it has attracted so many views!  In fact, currently it's my star photo and featured on the Top 100 Star Photos Leaderboards.

I'm excited to continue promoting awareness of Local Guides and my passion for exploring through my Youtube and Instagram

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
4 comments
Level 8

Re: Finding A Connection in a Local Italian Deli

Hello @AZ_2021  thanks for sharing this post with us , and your experience about the sharing the idea of local guides programme 😊.

It will be more.good if you add some inside pictures of that store.

Thank you  🥰

Level 10

Thanks @Mukul_Anand This is great feedback and moving forward I will be sure to do that. 🙂

Connect Moderator

A great snap @AZ_2021 and it certainly has gained a lot of views.

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 10