JoyHawkins's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Filtered Reviews?

Previously when there used to be a reviews tab on Google Plus, I would see if a review I wrote had been filtered. For example, I reviewed a hotel once while I was at the hotel and I assume it got filtered because I was connected to the hotel's wifi and they had probably had lots of other reviews left using that same IP address. 

When I looked at my profile it would have a note on it telling me that the review was visible only to me, but wasn't publicly listed on the hotel's listing.  

My question now is where can I see that information?  If a review I wrote is filtered, does it simply vanish from my profile or can it still be seen there?

3 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Filtered Reviews?

@JoyH wrote:

Previously when there used to be a reviews tab on Google Plus, I would see if a review I wrote had been filtered

Not entirely sure what you used to see, however I think what you're referring to are reviews marked Private. These will be visible to you in your contributions, but won't show up on the business listing (and won't count for a point). AFAIK the only way to check for these is to look at your profile while signed out (eg in an incognito browser), its a bit long winded but you can then compare your reviews and work out which are missing in your public profile

Level 8

So logged in I see 230 reviews.  In icognito I see 221. That means 9 went missing. Kind of annoying that I have to look through them to see which ones. 

Level 8

Actually I think I just figured out how to tell after comparing the 2 views.  Filtered reviews don't have "share" icons below them when you're logged in.  Neither do ratings without reviews but if you see a review and there is no share button, it's filtered.