katoibrah's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Feeling proud with my contributions!

Untitled.png

Hello everyone, its been a while without posting on this platform that connects us all, hope everyone is doing fine. Today I have a great feeling that I would like to share with you all. It maybe funny that some of you are sharing this great feeling similarly as I do.

HISTORY

Am a simple local guy from Uganda who turned into a Local Guide after purchasing an Android N device. At first I was using Google Maps for navigation but later discovered that some information like places, photos, contacts and so on where missing. By that time I wish there could be a way I could let Google know, I never knew that Google Maps knows and anyone can do it if he or she becomes a Local Guide.

CONTRIBUTING

This was the most interesting part, even though I didn't own the best phone but I knew that I could use it as a tool in helping everyone in places that I visited but it turned out that these contributions helped more and more every single day including those new to those places. Some places exist because of the effort from these Local Guides. This evidences that everyone can help someone.

From all that am very proud for being a Local Guide I may not be having the best camera to capture photos, I may not having a laptop to write this to you but nothing can stop me from contributing whenever I get that chance. I have a dream of becoming a street-view photographer if I happen to get the right tools.

Blessings to everyone reading this. Always contribute for the best with right information and self taken photos.

Thank you Googlers and Local Guides

Kampala, Uganda
6 comments
Level 6

Re: Feeling proud with my contributions!

Bravo pour cette réussite méritée et bonne continuation @katoibrah 😃

Former Google Contributor

Hi @katoibrah,

I just wanted to let you know that I cropped the screenshot you published in such way that your email address isn't visible. We do not recommend sharing such personal information here as the forum is public. I will move your post to our Achievements board as well, where Local Guides discuss their accomplishments in the program. More information on Connect's labels is available here

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

J'apprécie vraiment cela, merci monsieur @Zoulikha 

Level 8

@Bobiisha I don't know how much I can express my feelings but thank you very much.

Level 6

Oups @katoibrah je suis une dame et pas un monsieur 👩

Level 8

@Zoulikha Je suis désolé chérie