BrianH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Favorite Holes in the Wall

We all have small places, constantly overlooked, but 6 years ago your coworker brought you food and now you're addicted, but nobody knows what you're talking about.
What are you favorite local small hole in the wall locations?

In Harrisburg, I really recommend Las Delicias on Derry St. Its a small Puerto Rican restaurant that serves amazing Stewed Beef and Papas Rellenas. It has its own parking lot, but is located in an area of Harrisburg where a lot of my friends wouldn't want to go after dark. I'm a tall, large white guy (like a walking mountain) so I have a stupid lack of fear.

Hit this place up for cheap, delicious, plentiful food.

Harrisburg, PA, United States
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Favorite Holes in the Wall

They recently cleaned up, with renovations and stuff, but this place used to be a straight hole in the wall restaurant.

G.G. Skewers

Even most of items on the menu were only in Chinese. A few times I actually had to pull reviews from the web and show them the photo to order the food 😛

I love it though. The spicy dry noodles are excellent. And the skewers are delicious too.

Level 3

What place is this that you are referring to G. G. Skewers?

Level 3

I really like Lahori Kabob in the same Plaza as Big Lots on Union Deposit Rd.  It is Lebanese and Indian cuisine. Great flavors and very healthy food options. Being that I'm pretty boring, my meals of choice are tandoori chicken or the chicken kabob over rice both or either served with garlic naan.  They can be a little slow with the service at times, but the food is worth the wait. Give it a try. It has not become popular yet with the local crowd.