AdriánZ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Fauna and flora in Argentine banknotes

Local Guides and tourists who are visiting Argentina, I invite you to pay attention to the new banknotes, which are in circulation since June 2016 .The whaleThe whale

The YaguaretéThe Yaguareté

20180922_092814.jpg

In the previous banknotes were represented the historical heroes and representative places of our country. 

Now, the new banknotes (pesos argentino) include the native fauna and flora.

20180922_091645.jpg20180922_092502.jpg20180922_092837.jpg

the patagonian steppe and the argentinian sea with the astral frank whalethe patagonian steppe and the argentinian sea with the astral frank whale

Jungle of the Argentine northJungle of the Argentine north

the plain "pampeana" ant the "hornero"the plain "pampeana" ant the "hornero"

I can analyzed for so long about history, society, politics and economy of my  country, through its currencies, but it is not the intention of this post.

But I only want to give you some graphics details of our banknotes.

This is the detail I want to show you.
The Small animals, "teddy bear" style, or comic type...

20180922_091745.jpg

20180922_092631.jpg

20180922_093011.jpg

When come to Argentina besides to knowing, visiting, eating and enjoying our country, will have some of these banknotes ... so watch these animals well!
I invite you to share details of your banknotes and coins!

Greetings from Argentina!

Argentina
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Fauna and flora in Argentine banknotes

Very nice post @AdriánZ! Banknotes is not such a common topic here, so I find it interesting that you brought it up.

Our argentine banknotes are now very colorful and although many people critisized them when they first came out, I think we got pretty used to them. It's nice to not only remember our historical figures but also praise our fauna and flora.

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 9

Yes @ValeriaA_! I think the change was positive. I hope it serves to raise awareness about the care of nature and the environment.

Level 10

That's also right @AdriánZ, it's a good way for people to learn about their own country.

@HelloSamsonR @Sagir what's it like in Nigeria? How are your banknotes? 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Wow.. this is a great post @AdriánZ

I always find it interesting to learn about other people's culture and history.

In my country (Nigeria) our currency are carrying pictures of our past leaders on side who make positive impact to the country and the other side carry our cultural diversity or flora and fauna.

Like on 5 Naira note, the front ( left on the picture below) is the first prime minister of Nigeia and right side is a picture of local dance troops from southern part of the country.Some of Nigeria's notes..  source: atsnotes.comSome of Nigeria's notes.. source: atsnotes.com

Hope you learn something from Nigeria.

Thanks for the tag @ValeriaA_

Check this out @Justine2807 @AlejandraMaria @RupendraNeupane

Share with us what your currency is like.

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

Thank you very much and very interesting @Sagir