BlancheMc's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Fake Reviews

@BruceDM wrote:

Hi @BlancheMc - If you would like to report a Local Guide, I can send you specific instructions via private message. Please do not share the profile or personal information of the user publicly as we respect everyone's privacy.

You will need to provide specific evidence where you feel there is an abuse of the Reviews (or Photos) feature in Google Maps.  Google is unable to verify the authenticity of reviews from either the person writing the reviews or the business complaining about the reviews as well so situations like these typically require additional rational for removal.

Could you send me this information too.

Level 10

@BlancheMc

I would be cautious about calling an LG a fake reviewer, just because there are a lot of 1-star ratings and barely any text.

Some people may only share their bad experiences.

Level 7

Another Fake reviewer. Anyone know this person? He lives in New Zealand.

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 1.14.41 PM.png

Randomly reviewing places, probably trying level up. Left a comment in our agency profile as well. Not our client, neither we know him. 

Asif
Level 9

Hi @AbdullahAlAsif,

By tagging a Google moderator you can report a local guide. 

As of now kindly remove the image shared by you in your last reply. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Help. I just found out that one person has cloned (stolen) about 70% of my reviews.  He has grabbed them word for word.  I write very specific reviews showcasing my experiences in places both in the United States and in Spain. Curiously, all of his reviews then have a Thumbs Up.  His profile blocks the reviews he has posted but I have been going through my 428 reviews one by one.  I am only about half way through but am consistently running about 70%.  It can be proven because my reviews are from a year ago and all of his are from a week ago. Again, every one that he takes is copied word for word. I say mine are from a year ago only because I started looking at the oldest and am moving forward to the newest.  I am still very much active. level 9. 66,938 points. 428 reviews with 147,145 views. 5,347 photos with 14,431,771 views. For now, I have been flagging each review for Google review stating that the post contains conflicts of interest (plagiarism, plus he has not been to all of the same obscure locations as me).  BTW, as I was typing this I wanted to find a current example and I see that he has already grabbed one of mine from just 2 weeks ago. I can give you his ID but it appears as if you want it anonymous for now.

Level 7

When a person is doing this. Is it purposely done or Is this person not understanding how to be a local guide. Are they just trying to get points, saying bad things or just playing around. When I first started it was a little difficult to navigate the software. I'm still not understanding some things. I just found this whole new area to talk with local guides. Why can't someone help these people when u see stuff that don't look proper. If I'm not doing what I'm trying to do please let me know. Teaching and training.

Jason Kearns
Former Google Contributor

Hello @Quino1963,

I will send you a private message on how to report Local Guides or Content on Google Maps.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

I don't know his true motivation but it seems like a points grab. I should be flattered that he likes my prose enough to duplicate it but some of his plagiarism makes no sense.  I sometimes use very specific examples of dates visited or people seen within my reviews.

Level 10

Got it.  Thank you.

Level 7

Why don't you confront him/her. Start a subject and bring him in. If it is as u say, the person has no excuse and will stop when you confront him/her. I thought Google had an algorithm that would see double post. I kind of understand to keep it private, but if he/she is doing so much stealing from you, and probably others. We as a community should be able to deal with this. Sorry for your situation. I'm going to have to read some of your reviews, they must be good.

Jason Kearns