LeahGFI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Fake Local Guide Review

Sorry, you don't get rid of them ever ! .... No one on this site or Google gives a **####**. I have two reviews for my website that are not even related to my industry and can't get rid of them. 

Level 2

Darn. I hoped there was a way. I read another horrible review left for a different company. The woman had left a scathing review of a business and how rude they were. The response from the company was interesting. The "customer" had contacted the company asking for donations for her to go to college. The company had politely declined. The "customer" was very upset that they would not reach into their deep pockets and help out a needy person go to college. It was quite ridiculous. But all too often people look at the stars in a rating and don't bother to read the reviews.

@sharonwallace1 wrote:

Sorry, you don't get rid of them ever ! .... No one on this site or Google gives a **####**. I have two reviews for my website that are not even related to my industry and can't get rid of them. 

Level 7

Hello All

Does anyone know if a review with political intent like the following can be reported and removed / reviewed for removal.

Dear government. I don't know how else to tell you except in the form of a review of the beehive... which is an aweful ugly looking building that you and your financial department winz works against the lower income bracket of this country and favours the already rich. You see I have the right to my freedom. But some people like myself are institutionalized by your policies. From benefit ammounts that are below the cost of comfortable living to job seeking support that threatened to cut me off just for saying I was seeking work from winz.

I also talk to many in and out patients of your mental health system as one of them myself we agree all of us agree that forced medication is wrong and harmful to us. Why? because the mental health act written in 1992 needs us to be zombified and scared and made ill because you guys dont understand us and the way we see life?

This government as well as the rest of the world need a new one. It is disgusting how the poor are treated here. Even ones that want to earn thier own money but cant because the stigma of kiwis gets frowned upon.

and

- Don't vote for the Labour party or the national party becomes nothing they say will likey happen like stopping immigration and pollution.

and

-You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

and

- If john key wasn't prime minister it would've been primo

and

- I voted for this government. The party-in-office is doing not a very good job. I want my vote back.

etc

Nothing related to the place really and is motivated at putting the people who work there down.

Level 1

@MariaBi I have a similar issue.  I had two women come into my office and they were soliciting their services for "google advertising".  She made a comment about how I only have 5 star reviews, and she suggested that she could somehow get me more 5 star reviews through her services.  I have signage in my office that clearly says "No Solicitation", I directed them to the sign and she appeared offended and stormed out of my office.  Approximately 2 weeks later I see a 1 star review by a [REDACTED] (a Local Guide) that simply says "rude, rude, rude" without any other explanation.  She was not authorized to be in my office if she is not seeking medical care (trespassing).  My understanding is that this is against Local Guides Program Terms and Conditions.  We work hard to earn every single one of our reviews on Google by providing excellent care and customer service.  I am not going to pay someone to generate fake reviews. 

Former Google Contributor

Hi @mperke

Hi @mperke

I removed the name of the Local Guides from the post. You might not know, but we do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety.

As for your request, we encourage business owners to take advantage of the free service, Google My Business (google.com/business) where you can claim and manage your listing as well as respond to reviews and more. Also please have a check to the Google My Business Help Centre  and the Official Google My Business Community for help and support. Thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 3

Don't expect any help from these people. The entire Local Guides system is a complete scam.

Level 3

@HelloJess We received a false review from a local guide. Our RV park is only under construction, but she gave it one star and no comment. I flagged it on the review, but I see a string of these in her reviews and her avatar looks like a child. Please handle as you see fit. 

Level 2

This whole google review thing is a disaster. Google owns internet searches, yet allows so much baloney to exist. It's wrong and nobody seems to be able to stop Google.

Level 8

I had read all the answers here i may say you send a message to the local guide asking him to give description for his review that will be good. There are chances that some times he may be missed out.