FahmiAdimara's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Fahmi Adimara Travel Tips : Bring Your Own Tumbler

Tumbler from Local Guides Summit 2017Tumbler from Local Guides Summit 2017

My name is Fahmi Adimara, Local Guides from Surabaya, Indonesia. I am a person who often travels and always prepares to bring the right traveling equipment. With the right equipment, I can anticipate the needs of daily routines and make my trip feels more comfortable!

When I am going to adventure, especially going on mountain climbing trips, I used to buy a drink in a mini market, like the bottle, which most tourists do. Consumptive actions like this that make plastic waste accumulate and increase day by day. It turned out that I was the same as adding plastic waste in the trash where tourist objects would still accumulate, which if not recycled could result in massive burning of plastic waste which would cause pollution and global warming.

Today many people use tumblers as their drinking places. Besides being practical, tumblers also have varied shapes and various attractive designs. But behind that, sometimes there are some people who are lazy to bring a tumbler. But actually,  there are many benefits from bringing your own tumbler.

1. Green Lifestyle

Compared to buying, of course, bring drinking water from home is much more efficient because it's free. Buying bottled water will cost around 1-5 USD. I try to count in a day the possibility we buy bottled water when traveling a number of times and accumulated in a month, of course, the nominal that I get can be set aside for other for more important purposes.

2. Health Is The Main One

Ever heard of the news about fake mineral water sold on the road? Of course,  we do not want to take risks that can harm our own health. How to prevent it, namely by preparing everything from a house that is clean and healthy, we can monitor it ourselves.

3. Avoid Dehydration

With the provision of carrying a tumbler from home is always on standby in my bags will certainly be very helpful whenever I'm feeling thirsty and can help avoid dehydration.

4. More Simple

When I am in a place far from the shop and at the same time you feel thirsty and want to drink, carrying a tumbler is one step you can do. When you need not need to go and look for bottled water again, enough to drink from the tumbler that you have brought is far more practical and saves money.

For me who is also a coffee connoisseur, it is perfect for carrying a tumbler. The advantage of carrying a tumbler, I can keep the temperature of the drink to keep it warm/cold. It must feel good when it rains, can enjoy the warmth of coffee that has been prepared in the tumbler. Moreover, you can enjoy coffee on the mountain like in the photo above, Gunung Ijen, East Java, Indonesia.

5. Save The Earth From Reducing Plastic Use

The plastic material is material that is not easily broken down by soil. That is, the more people throw plastic waste, the more fragile the earth will be. Imagine, how many people drink mineral water from disposable plastic bottles, and the amount of waste produced? It would be wise if we minimize its use by bringing a tumbler from home.

This is my favorite tumbler while attending the Local Guides Summit 2017. And I always take it everywhere. Thanks, Google!

Kawah Ijen, East Java, Indonesia
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Fahmi Adimara Travel Tips : Bring Your Own Tumbler

Nice tips bro @FahmiAdimara always bring tumbler is one best way to save our environment 

Google Moderator

Hey @FahmiAdimara,

Thank you so much for sharing your tips with us. I am sure that they will be helpful for others Local Guides. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

nice travel tips  @FahmiAdimara  In some places free drinking water facilities are available, we can refill our Tumbler. hopefully, it can help reduce plastic waste around us

Level 9

Hi man @BudionoS absolutely yes, we can save our environment from ourself. 

Level 9

Hey @Ivi_Ge thank you so much, we just share our daily experience 🙂

Level 9

Yes @RahmatHarmanP thank you for your information. In some place, there are free drinking water facilities like in Airport and tourism destinations.