GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Number of points declines

May be true @mhjn but the said could have been done in a transparent manner. what do you think? 

@GusMoreira

@BibinMA

@VinnyBarbarini

@DanielTh

@DocGaurav wrote:

In my opinion sir, they definitely changed there policy towards photos uploads as for know on more than one photo can also give us score, means if a person put approx 50 pics of one place he/she got 250 points.

So it can be there acceptance policy that has been modified @ProfArunCM

@LucioV

Level 10

May be yes @MattGatlin but could have been done with prior information to LGs.

@GusMoreira

@BibinMA

@VinnyBarbarini

@DanielTh

@MattGatlin wrote:

Thanks for the tip, @LucioV

Although I don't know about view count adjustments (my view count has been frozen/unchanged for the past 4 days), checking my photo contributions in an anonymous browser and comparing to my signed-in browser showed that I had more than a hundred fewer public photos than I thought. It appears that the photos rendered non-public are those that either:

• Look similar or almost identical to others I have posted, or
  • Are of businesses that have been officially claimed and are only allowing their own approved photos to appear

I'm not sure if those exclusion practices have always been in place, since this is the first time I've done a side by side comparison between my signed-in stats check and an anonymous check. The summary pop-up windows have identical points/stats counts in both browsers, so it doesn't appear that public/non-public photo status is affecting the points count, at least in my case right now.

Signed in on Chrome:

signedinchrome.jpeg

Anonymous on Firefox:

anonymousfirefox.jpeg

I have noticed some ongoing weirdness with my photo counts over the past few days, so I think @LucioV and @mhjn are right about there being policy changes in the works.

Level 10

@MattGatlin wrote:

Although I don't know about view count adjustments (my view count has been frozen/unchanged for the past 4 days), checking my photo contributions in an anonymous browser and comparing to my signed-in browser showed that I had more than a hundred fewer public photos than I thought. It appears that the photos rendered non-public are those that either:

• Are of businesses that have been officially claimed and are only allowing their own approved photos to appear

I'm not sure if those exclusion practices have always been in place, since this is the first time I've done a side by side comparison between my signed-in stats check and an anonymous check. The summary pop-up windows have identical points/stats counts in both browsers, so it doesn't appear that public/non-public photo status is affecting the points count, at least in my case right now.

Signed in on Chrome:

signedinchrome.jpeg

Anonymous on Firefox:

anonymousfirefox.jpeg

I have noticed some ongoing weirdness with my photo counts over the past few days, so I think @LucioV and @mhjn are right about there being policy changes in the works.

May be yes @MattGatlin but could have been done with prior information to LGs.

@GusMoreira

@BibinMA

@VinnyBarbarini

@DanielTh

@MattGatlin wrote:

Signed in on Chrome:

signedinchrome.jpeg

Anonymous on Firefox:

anonymousfirefox.jpeg

Level 10

Re: Why points going down?

@Anonymous Please do not expect

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Local Guides Team Support

why points continuously going down?

Yesterday's Screenshot:20170626_141500.jpg

I was on Level 8 with 15054 points & following contribution

20170626_141427.jpg

But now i did screenshot again and saw low points specially number of photos going down even i didn't post any spam/ irrelevant/ low quality image

20170627_141148.jpg

Kindly recover my points and fix the issue please

Thanks

Ata Ur Rehman

any response.

Level 8
Level 8

Re: Me, too.

Very strange indeed.

Level 10

Re: App update cant count. Seems buggie...

Dear @NFN I can understand your frustration

@NFN wrote:

Morning.

First the view counter only updates weekly....with incorrect numbers.

Now the app can't count any more? 

Lost over 3000 points. I know it will return but my hart can't take it anymore Was 20600 yesterday +-Was 20600 yesterday +-

2378 photos not 17482378 photos not 1748

and feeling as myself have lost thousands of points without knowing any reason.

@KimJinkyu

@mhjn

Level 10

Re: Missing Photos and Drop in Points

Hi @GusMoreira

I know my points often fluctuate a bit but a sudden 600-700 points decrease might indicate a glitch.I am not sure if this is due to some photo glitch at all. 

Edit: it seems that no matter that I added photos, my point count does not change. Previously, when I added a photo, my point count reflected it within a few moments. Now nothing (although my new photos appear under my photos tab). I did not make a note of my photo count before and after but that's going to be next once I upload a new photo. 

Edit 2: now my point count is up by almost 600 points again - although as far as I can remember, it's still not as high as it should be but I'll stop watching it. 

bunko2

Level 10

@ProfArunCM wrote:

I have observed that number of points have gone down to some hundred points. Mostly i have uploaded photos. Is there any specific policy about photos? Is it because of old photos that I had posted? Is it because of duplicate photos?

Please some body answer.

I lost almost 2500 points in just one day

Level 7

Re: Missing Photos and Drop in Points

Hello,

Currently my photos count is not shown in my account. My points dropped from 6300 to 3228 points i.e., from level 7 to level 6. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/102267486115507219082/reviews/@28.7001285,171.5719098,3z/data=!3...

Thanks,

Anon.

@GusMoreira wrote:

Hello everyone,

We've been getting some reports from Local Guides experiencing missing photos and drop in points related to photos in the last few days.

Our team is currently investigating the issue.

If you are impacted by this issue please share with us

• Your Google Maps profile URL
  • How many photos you are missing 
  • When you noticed the drop in points/missing photos 

We will keep this post updated.

Level 10

Re: My points are continouslly decreasing by reducing the number of my shared photos

Please do not expect @Khaled2017 any explanation please. 

@inusaguide

@BibinMA

@Khaled2017 wrote:

My shared photos are continuously reduced in number although non of that photo violate google rules, is there any   explanation????