JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Inconsistency between local guide mobile and pc

Hi all,

I don't know why from my mobile i have 150 points, but from my pc I can see only 69 points. Why?

Former Google Contributor

Re: Discrepancy in Points

Hi @BecauseIJustDid@pmera @mohaiminpcc @VichRale @Cr0wnjules

Moving your posts to this related thread.

Please search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. Don't forget to introduce yourself to the other Local Guides on our August 2017 introduction thread, too, if still you haven't done it yet, and feel free to ask if you need any help or tips. 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 2

My points aren't updating

I'm trying to level up to level 2 so I can make events. I've been a level 2 since Aug 4th and have got confirmation email but when I go on my local guides page it says I'm still a level 1 and I'm stuck on the same amount of points I was on. 

Can anyone help? 

Level 3

Way more points on Maps

Hello. I'm wondering how I can fix my points. I received an email for level 4 Badge three days ago and earned level 5 two days ago. It has been more then 48 hours and none of my points have been updated.

.local guides points.pnglocal guide level 4.png

Re: Way more points on Maps

Hello @friasbros,

Thanks for checking in. In regards to your points, the standard wait time is 24-48 hours for the syncing to happen as you already know. There are also a few other items to note:

• You only get points for edits that have been accepted. For example, you might add something to the map but until it is accepted (there is an email confirmation), you would not receive those points.
  • Any edits in the map, like checking the facts tend to get updated within the 24-48 hour window as opposed to items like uploading a photo or adding a review, in which you receive your points instantly.

For the above reasons, It can be difficult to keep an exact track of your LG points related to edits (including new additions) so it is encouraged that you make regular and quality edits without worrying to much about the points.  If you feel that the syncing absolutely isn't occurring though, feel free to reply again and we can investigate if there are any technical issues at play.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 3

@BruceDM I mostly do reviews, photos and ratings. As you can see I should have over 300 points just for reviews. I would love to look into it more. I already received an email congratulating me Level 4 badge, I feel I should at least see that much.

Screenshot_2017-08-07-09-26-03.png

Hi @friasbros

Thanks and I understand your concerns. We moved your post in this related thread. 

Many thanks. 

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

Many thanks for your valuable reply. 

But I want to mention few things here, 

Before 2 months points were same at both places but why this happening now? 

There are lots of (I think all) local guides who facing the same(even me too). 

Plz solve this problem as soon as possible. 

Right now there are approx 50 thread in connect about this problem without any reply. 

@BruceDM 

Cc: @TraciC @JeslynL

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Local Guide Badge Issues

My local guide profile says I am a level 5, but I have reached level 6. I was trying to get to level 6 to apply for the google maps beta program. On google maps, it shows my level 6, but on the local guide program only level 5. Then last Friday I received a congratulations email saying I have reached level 6, then it still only reflects that I am level 5 on the profile site. Please help.

Level 7

Re: Level problem

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Hey @Jace how quickly did you move from Level 2 to Level 5? Is it still showing Level 2?

@Jace wrote:

I've been level 5 for 2 days now. I just now got the email notification that I reached level 5 but when I go to my online profile it still shows I am level 2 @PaulPavlinovich

@PaulPavlinovich i got from level 2 to level 5 in like 2 days. i finally got the emails notifying me that ive reached level 5 but it still shows im level 2 on local guides connect.