JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Local Guides badge or distinction not showing

I'm a level 3 Local Guide but when I look at my review I don't have the Badge showing that I'm even a Local Guide.  In addition the text does not appear under my name that indicates "Local Guide". 

How do I add this?

Thanks,

Chris

*EDIT... It looks like as soon as I posted to the forum the Local Guides distinction appeared.  All good after doing that.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guides badge or distinction not showing

Hello @MiltonWeb,

I saw your post edit and sure enough, I'm looking at your Google Maps contributions and I actually see you listed as a Level 4 Local Guide there.

However I do see that you are listed as Level 3 here on Connect.  This is an sync issue that we are working on and I would like to direct you to the following post for this ongoing issue. Rest assured that we are working on it!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 3

Re: Way more points on Maps

@BruceDM  Could you explain, "Maps on desktop shows the number of points while the Maps app shows the number of contributions." to me? It makes no sense me and the math doesn't add up.

Thanks.

Level 5

Re: Why are my points not updating?

I have the same problem. the points has not been updated on the local guide homepage for a long time. 

Level 6

Points not updated on Google Local Guides Profile

Google Maps updates my contributor points and level whenever I make a contribution. But The Local Guides profile does not. Its still stuck at Level 1 and with 0 points. What should I do?

lg.pnglg2.png

Level 8

Re: Points not updated on Google Local Guides Profile

Hi!!  wellcome here. Please go to this discussion https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Why-are-my-points-not-updating/m-p/403138#M.... I think is the same problem 😁

sarilyajaiswal escribió:

Google Maps updates my contributor points and level whenever I make a contribution. But The Local Guides profile does not. Its still stuck at Level 1 and with 0 points. What should I do?

lg.pnglg2.png

Level 6

Hello @sarilyajaiswal How quickly did you moved from level 1 to 5? It takes up to 48 hours to synchronize points between Google Maps and Local Guides Connect.  

Level 6

Recently this is the issue with many other local guides.  The team is investigating the issue and it will be solved soon. Keep contributing and once the issue is solved it will get synchronized. 

Level 6

Inside 24 hrs I moved from level 1 to 5!

@beepinb wrote:

Hello @sarilyajaiswal How quickly did you moved from level 1 to 5? It takes up to 48 hours to synchronize points between Google Maps and Local Guides Connect.  

Level 7

Re: Why are my points not updating?

Same as kobemtl - I do most all of my updating by phone.  As I am sure many people do.  It has been days since my points have updated here.  Probably going on close to a week at this point.  It would be nice if we could get an official response to this.

As far as the phone problems concerning LG; My phone is a Huawei H1611.  And most of the time I have a couple of DSLR's with me as well for those special places (historical, etc).  So as far as photos I am not updating them via this website.  I consistently get email confirmations about my successful updates (whatever they may be at that time) and just got an email that my photos have received 500 views.   I mention all of this because the Maps and/or Contribute app and email confirmations do not mesh at all with what I see here.

I like to do updates to locations by talking the owners/managers, and sometimes corporate IT departments when asked to do so,  so that we get the information correct.  And it's difficult to lug a PC or laptop around under those circumstances.