JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Known Issue: Points discrepancy between Local Guides Home and Google Maps app/desktop

Thanks for that. However, I still have a problem though. Even though points are already in sync from LG home and Maps, I still have discrepancies in points, mainly to the number of photos.

My total points: 16,445
My photo contributions: 1,019 photos
Accepted photo contribuions calculated based on total points: 836 photos.

So basically it is telling me that I have 183 photos not accepted to earning points, even though no photos are inappropriate. My question is, are there limits to photos you can upload to G Maps?

I am SVTP and I take 360 photos for listings. Each 360 photos are then cut with unique views such as: tiny planet, tiny cave, wall shots, corner shots, amenities shots.

Take this listing for example "Nat Nat Homestay" (https://goo.gl/maps/2c3g9W2qb7n). I took 20 shots of 360 photos. I then cut unique crops on each 360 photos, ending up with 65 extra photos. So this listing alone has 85 photos.

I think upload 20 of 360 photos will net me points directly (if they're maps approved). But those 65 extra shots are between 20-40% approval. Hence why the question if there is a limi on how many photos we can upload for a listing? Mind you, the extra shots are what sells for my client, which they especially love the "tiny planet" shots.

Hopefully you can understand this concern.1,019 photos shown in LG home, but only 836 photos approved. If you calculate the amount in this image, it is showing discrepancies in total amount.1,019 photos shown in LG home, but only 836 photos approved. If you calculate the amount in this image, it is showing discrepancies in total amount.

Level 6

Re: Known Issue: Points discrepancy between Local Guides Home and Google Maps app/desktop

Ciao jeslynl,ancora il problema dei livelli non si è risolto che io adesso sono ad un livello 6 e sul profilo risulti 5,ma so che no piano si risolverà, adesso il problema che riscontro è che non mi fa il conteggio giusto delle visualizzazioni che ho è da più di 4 giorni che le visualizzazioni sono ferme a 4888 allorché le mie foto postate tutti i giorni aumentano le visualizzazioni, come mai? Grazie 

Level 8

@JeslynL Thanks for solving the syncing issue between app and web , but still there is a issue related to the total photo view count , it not updating from the last week , hope Google will resolve this too

Level 6

Re: App and Local Guides Profile not in Sync?

Resolved. Thank you. 

Level 10

Why there is different way of scoring in App and Web

Why there are two different ways to show the same points? Why can't a uniform system be used?

In App, it shows the actual count of the edits instead of the score.  To get 15,871. I need to Multiply (Number of photos * 5 + Ratings * 1 + Videos * 7 + Edits * 5 + Answers * 1 + Places Added * 15 + Fact Checked *1)

Screenshot (Aug 19, 2017 2-22-18 PM).jpg

Where as in the web it shows these scores already totaled by just summing it up it gives 15849.

Screenshot (169).png

Pls, ignore the score variation. there is a usual sync issue

Level 9

Re: Why there is different way of scoring in App and Web

@aashishvanand 

need not to be worry about that, see the link here

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Known-Issue-Points-discrepancy-between-Loca...

Thank you

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Re: Why there is different way of scoring in App and Web

@deepakjhic Thanks, I didn't notice that post. The post claims to have rectified the issue I have posted but the changes aren't still reflected.

Level 1

@JeslynL wrote:

UPDATE (8/18/17): Points on your Local Guides Home and Google Maps app/on desktop should now be synced, and you should be seeing the same number of points on both.

UPDATE (8/10/17): The team is working on a resolution and more updates will be shared once available. Thank you for being patient!

Hello everyone, we have received reports about the discrepancy in points between in your Local Guides Home and your contributions profile on Google Maps app/desktop. Thank you for sharing screenshots and any additional details; the team is investigating the issue at the moment. All updates on this issue will be posted here in this thread. We appreciate your patience while the team works to resolve it as quickly as we can.

Any contributions you continue to make to Google Maps will not be impacted and points in your Local Guides Home should be updated (as long as they adhere to Google Maps' policies) once the issue has been resolved.

Level 8

Re: Mismatch points from app to website

@Vheung, I recently reached level 8 on the Android version, but it took more than a week to appear on Local Guides Connect. Level 8 is now displayed on Connect. Yours will also update, but it's good to report so they sync the two versions better.

Level 10

@JeslynL Thanks immensely. I was actually concerned when I noticed it.