Thank you for the appreciation sir,,,🙏

Nachiket Methre
Level 8

Re: Exploring the Cultural Capital of Kerala: A Journey Through Thrissur

Would love to visit the houseboat in the near future sir @TravellerG 

Nachiket Methre
Level 10

@Nachiket_methre  Thank you for sharing one more interesting post, the content with beautiful photos is very informative and helpful as a reference for planning a visit that place. I saw you in dhoti, I am curious to know is it a condition to enter the temple? Thank you @TravellerG ji for tagging me in this nice post.

Signature Image
Level 8

Sir that's actually Mundu not dhoti. 

Yes it's a compulsion to enter the temple for men to wear mundu. @PrasadVR . 

@TravellerGmight explain in detail.

Nachiket Methre
Level 10

Dear @Nachiket_methre 

As mentioned even in the post written by @HinalLad, the full thrill is when you stay overnight.

All the best, dear friend... 

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Hello, dear friends @PrasadVR and @Nachiket_methre,

In south, Mundu is also called as Dhoti... 

However, the South Indian Mundu is typical and is worn also in a typical style. (I think, LG Nachiket would have been helped by some to wear it properly - of course, he has worn it in the right style - appreciate it).

And most of the Kerala Muslims wear it in the opposite direction - if LG Nachiket has correctly worn the Mundu in the RIGHT direction - they wear it to the left. 

Mandatory: yes, most of all the major temples will insist on wearing Mundu, though some local temples may allow pants. Most of the temples allow you to wear Mundu over your pants. 

The same way, Saree and Set Mundu is preferred for ladies though Salwar Kameez and Churidars are allowed, even in most orthodox temples like Sree Padmanabha Swamy temple. 

The Shawl:

'Randam Mundu' (the second Dhoti) - the cloth worn on the upper body - though not compulsory, is a part of the traditional dress. 

To be frank with you...this style is preferred because of the hot, humid climate - Mundu allows a lot of air circulation. 

Hope I'm clear to you... 

Regards 

🤝❤️

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Thank you @TravellerG ji for your kind clarification. I appreciate your understanding and knowledge of South Indian traditions, art, and culture.🙏

Signature Image
Level 10

Most welcome, my dear friend @PrasadVR.

Happy that you got some idea... 

Regards 

Level 8

Thank you for the detailed knowledge sir.

My tour driver was generous enough to help me wear the Mundu in the right way.

My colleagues who accompanied me for the temple visit loved my attire, most of them being ladies wore Chudi-dars. 

@TravellerG 

Nachiket Methre
Level 10

Hello, dear @Nachiket_methre 

Happy my response was informative and you liked it. 

Thanks for your kind feedback and thanks to your tour driver for his generous help... To be frank with you, it is very difficult to get a newcomer wear Mundu, that needs special skill...