DMartinezLucioni's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Experience with Local Guides by Diego Martinez

Hi everyone!!

My name is Diego Martinez. I'm from Peru. I’m a System Engineer and a Google enthusiast. I work for a Google Partner Enterprise so Google is my passion. In consecuense, I love to help to the people specially about Google topics. In order to help more, I created a Youtube channel called "Un Experto de Google te ayuda!"  (A Google Expert helps you!) and I feel the same satisfaction that when I help people with this program. The best reward for me is "It helps me", "Thank you" or "Like" =).  This is a resume of my free contributions to Google:

24-04-2017 02-36-53 a.m..png

As you can see I really enjoy helping people. For me, Local Guide Program is a great opportunity to contribute by an entertaining way. I am happy and proud to be a Local Guide. Our contributions are important because we can help to take better decisions and discover new interesting places. My favorite hobby in the Program is add a new place. In my opinion, adding a new place is like you find a treasure (or maybe a Pokémon)  =P. Until now, I added 181 places in my country (With Google Map Maker I created 5 kms of motorway). Also, I love when Google Maps sends a resume of your best photos and comments. You think: Oh! I'm very helpful =D

2819495706011251904-account_id=1.png

My extra contribution to the program  (it is not quantifiable) is to teach to other people to be a good local guide specially using a mobile device. Some people are not interested to be local guides, in that case I only suggest to take few minutes to include a sincere comment for the future viewers. It's very satisfactory be part of this program.

In other hand, about the experience of the benefits of this program, I consider me unlucky. I couldn't receive an official Google Local Guides t-shirt because I'm from Peru and in my country is not possible to receive gifts from the Google Local Guides Program. It was frustrating like the moment I missed the Summit 2016. Other frustrating situation was "Global Challenge", I couldn't persuade to some Local Guides fellows to participate more actively because they felt with disadvantage from other countries. I tried but it was useless. But no problem... With or without benefits of a Google Program I will be present to contribute =).

Have a great day.

Regards,

Lima, Perú
1 comment
Level 10

Re: Experience with Local Guides by Diego Martinez

What a spirit @DMartinezLucioni . Especially your statement "But no problem... With or without benefits of a Google Program I will be present to contribute =). " It motivated. 

Regards

Budi

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.