TPattanaik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Exit the Local guide program - Should not be that easy.

Dear All, 

being a local guide for all these days what I realized that this is not as easy what I was thinking before. Why.. few of my takes as follows

1. You need to take lot of efforts and manage more time on daily basis. 
  2. You face lot of criticism from your very own people and professional friends. But you still manage them all and carry on towards your passion.
  3. Sometimes you need to answer many people why you are taking photo snaps of their place, in spite your act looks very suspicious which you realize very well, even though you are going forward. 
  4. If you are adding or making a correction of a place also you need to have more patience to wait till it gets approves.
  5. You must get updated each and moments of new features of Map which gets updated very frequently.

These are the basic problems which most of my LG friends facing on daily basis. in spite of all these, I feel so great to be a part of this program. it gives lots of satisfaction..

but my worry is different. Assume you are an active local guide who give lot of efforts and spends so much in Maps on daily basis, One fine  morning you decide to exit the program due to any of your personal or professional reason...You go and simply click the "exit" button and leave...That is not done. Your all contributions and  the efforts will go into vein. Also the "exit" button can be misused buy someone else, may be by your family members knowingly or unknowingly... 

My point is, have this exit button but after pressing it you should have few more steps which will complete with in a  weeks time.. who knows within a week time the mind gets changed.  Few suggestions

1. The Exit Program option should have more protective options. 
  2. It should not encourage one click away exit.
  3. Google must reach out to the LG and encourage him or her to continue program. 
  4. Onetime password/ registered number to be issued to all local guides which they can use while selecting exit button.
  5. The entire exit process should last for a week time or more days to encourage the guide to change their mind.

This is just a suggestion !!!! I never selected the exit button, may be there is more protective options available beyond my imaginations... 

Please mention your views, likes and dislikes of this topic. 

Regards

Tpat

India