RyanPrince's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Edits approved on desktop but not mobile

Is there any reason why my edits aren't approved on the mobile app, but are on desktop? I have been trying to update a local business as their name, website, and opening hours have changed. I tried doing all the edits in one go and they were denied. I tried one at a time, but they were denied too. However I make one change on the desktop, and it is approved straight away.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 comments
Level 9

Re: Edits approved on desktop but not mobile

@RyanPrince plz share a link or screenshot for the same.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

IMG_1596.PNG

I am trying to update the record for Connery's. The fact that I am on a VPN at the time I took this screenshot is unlikely to be factor as the previous attempts were carried out on wifi at home and on 4G. 

I updated just the website when I got home and that got approved (change of name is now pending, but was previously denied three times within a couple of minutes of submission).

Likewise, I moved the record for Bargate Wall and updated the address, but that was denied. On desktop, moving the record was updated straight away (the address is still pending).

Level 10

Hello @RyanPrince

When you make an edit from Desktop and it's Approved and Mobile Edits are not ! that is not possible. it's not fault in mobile and Application.

Google review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.

hope it helps.

Source : https://goo.gl/Wqyr97

Thank You.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 6

Hi @iDepp, thanks but having an edit denied straight away suggests no-one is reviewing the edit. I understand if they were pending that it may take some time, and even when they are published it could take 24 hours, however these edits were denied. 

It seems with the shuttering of Map Maker that we have lost a lot of functionality - at least there I could add some remarks which could give a reviewer some provenance behind the change.