Amit_van_Dijk's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Edit couldn't be verified

I recently tried to edit a local restaurant's name (since they recently changed their name). I took photos of their exterior, interior, menu, logo, sign, everything (except a card, they didn't have one of those). But the suggestion was instantly denied (in a manner of seconds). No one has even looked at the edit suggestion, apparently. How do I contact Google to make an appeal? I'm with the owners of the place at this very moment...

Tsafririm Street 2, Haifa, Israel
8 comments
Level 6

Re: Edit couldn't be verified

Hi,

When you are registering a new business, the processes are moving very fast. But making a correction is not so fast. My experiance is this way.

Level 5

Yeah, I know that from past edits. This time, however, the edit has been instantly rejected. It is no longer in review. How can I contact some sort of appeals agent or something?

Level 10

Hi @Amit_van_Dijk

Google review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 5

Yes, in a standard situation where everything works as intended. But I would like to mention again that the request has already been declined and is no longer in review. Its status is no longer pending.

Level 7

Hi Amit, My Kudos is for you not being disappointed. You have to be patient with changes you want to suggest. First you get a message that your post is being reviewed (and it is good that Google act this way. Otherwise we will have many fake data). The stage of review may take few hours to few weeks. But to my experience, you always get a reply - one way or another. You ca go on Google Maps (R) to "your contributions", there under "EDITS" you can see all your posts and the status of each one: PENDING, APPROVED, NOT APPLIED. So... take your time. Continue contributing. You can be sure the system works, and our contribution is worthy. Cheers,
Level 7

Amit, I saw just now you say that the post was rejected on the spot. This can happen only if you made a basic mistake that Google server rejected automatically, or the server was down or something like that. I say - if you are sure about the change you want to submit, and it is not in the list of your EDITS, do it once more. חג שמח
Level 5

The photos i took to confirm the edit were directly saved on the google contributions thing. I don't think i have access to them anymore. I'll have to come back there some time or just let other contributors from the area notice the change and upload it.

Level 7

You can delete or share any photo you uploaded - Go to: Your contributions -> PHOTOS You get the list of all photos you uploaded in quiet large thumbnails. On the upper right corner of each thumbnail you have 3 dots indicating a menu. please tell me if you got it.