kempski's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Durham North Carolina #mallardme #getmallard

2017-03-26 12.49.28.jpg2017-01-05 17.42.19.jpg2016-10-18 19.37.35.jpg

Hello to all you Durhamites and those who want to be Durhamites. I have lived here since 1999 and am a real estate agent for the city and the triangle. I have seen this city grow, grow, and grow. As I love this city I really enjoy scoping out the new bars, grills, breweries and restaurants that are opening all over the place. I have also tried to keep up with my blog and website DURHAMBLUES.COM - Oh yes I love blues music- Please feel free to ask me any questions on what's happening in the area and perhaps we will see each other as I have been known to bar hop a bit. 

Durham, NC, United States
8 comments
Level 5

Re: Durham North Carolina

Fellow Durhamite here!  So glad there are more of us that appreciate this wonderful place 😄

Level 8

Looks a treat is ready for me👌👌👌

Awesome mate @kempski

Level 9

Re: Durham North Carolina #mallardme #getmallard

pkh2q.jpg

Born and raised in the Dirty D

Heather McPherson
Level 8

New restaurant open in the unscripted hotel.(the old Oprah place) . Jack Tar and the Colonel's daughter. A++++. Bloody mary and a screwdriver. Yes I am with my wife, so I  am not a two fisted drinker.Bloody mary and a screwdriver. Yes I am with my wife, so I am not a two fisted drinker.OOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOHHHHHHHGreat OmeletteGreat Omelette2018-01-20 (1).jpgYou all know what these are.You all know what these are.

Level 9

Dirty D represent!!! Although my husband and I recently bought a very old house in Bunn, yes, I will soon be a Bunnite😝 I will always have Durham in my heart 💖

Heather McPherson
Level 9

Dirty D represent!!! Although my husband and I recently bought a very old house in Bunn, yes, I will soon be a Bunnite😝 I will always have Durham in my heart 💖

Heather McPherson
Level 6

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to Local Guides Connect and did not know this existed, however, I'm so glad I found it!  I also live in Durham, NC, transplanted from Detroit, Michigan (Let's Go Tigers!) 🙂  Been in Durham now for 5 years and I'm loving it now....  When I first moved here I found it difficult to get into community events and find really great places to eat that would not break the bank (because I'm a teacher..enough said).  I would ask around however, very few people had recommendations.

That's when I became a Local Guide just by taking lots of photos at many eateries around town. Once I realized that we could earn points and obtain different levels, well that just encouraged me to contribute even more!  However, at this point I like doing it because it's now a passion to share the little hidden gems of the city with others.

Now for one of my best review of MEXICAN FOOD IN DURHAM.........

nanataco.jpgNANA TACO!!!!!!  - Their food is so good and so fresh!  Almost everything is made in house down to the chips and the corn tortillas!  The queso had ground beef in it that made it chunky yet it was still rich and thick.  It made me feel like I was getting my monies worth!  The fresh pico was very flavorful and I loved how it was a side to all entree dishes as a freebie (because Pico de Gallo goes with everything!).  They also sell margaritas, that are nice and STRONG!  (YES!) The staff is very knowledgeable of the menu and they all work very diligently together to provide great service. The atmosphere is very light-hearted yet open to much conversation with the folks sitting next to you.  It's not far from Duke University, therefore, you get all types of professors, students, moms that don't feel like cooking dinner and folks that just want to meet for a Strong margarita after a long days work.      If you've never been to Nana's Taco, do yourself a favor and GET IN THERE!  It is definitely worth your time and your money!

Level 6

Hi,

Although I live about an hour East of Durham, my wife and I often travel to try new restaurants. We have tried many places in Raleigh. Recently we have discussed finding some places in Durham to try. I  have only been there for business related meetings. Can you or anyone else who sees this recommend some great places to try. We eat a little bit of anything but seafood and like to splurge from you time to time with each of our meals  being under $30. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Chris