Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Dragon is growing in Bangladesh!

@Petra_M Thanks for your advice about photography 🙂

Joy
Level 8

@Amiran Thank you so much. The cultivation of dragon fruits in the Rajshahi, Natore, Narsingdi, Pabna, Bogra, Chittagong Hill tracks and many other districts in Bangladesh. Currently, about two thousand dragon gardens are being cultivated in whole country. The price of this fruit in the country's elite market is 500 to 600 BDT per kg.

Joy
Level 10

@JoinalAbedin

Thanks. So it is a common fruit there. But I have no idea about BDT, even by converting it to dollar. Is this expensive for people in Bangladesh or not?

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

@Amiran 600 BDT is about USD 7. It is expensive for many people in the context of the lives of the people of Bangladesh. Typically other fruits cost 200 to 300 taka (USD 3). That is why the dragon is still called the precious fruit.

Joy
Level 10

@JoinalAbedin Nice to understand. Thanks. It is like here in expensiveness but not in availability. Because there is very limited stores in each city of Iran that sell dragon fruit that in most cases they've imported it from other countries.

Level 8

@Amiran If you want to taste the dragon fruit, so warmly welcome to Bangladesh. And if you want to do business with it in your country, then let's start 🙂

Joy
Level 10

@JoinalAbedin

I had no idea to start a business in such field but nice suggestion. Let's I do a market research then I may inform you 😄 Right now I'm just thinking to eat a dragon fruit by repeating its name and visiting your colorful photos 😋

Former Google Contributor

Hi @JoinalAbedin,

The fruit, Dragon fruit, would remind me so much of my grandmother's garden.

Thank you for sharing, it helps me look back for memorable moments of my home country!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 8

@sonnyNg Thank you too. Which your country?

Joy
Former Google Contributor

I am originated from Viet Nam, @JoinalAbedin.

Have you ever visited the country?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!