TerryPG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Do You have a New Years Resolution pertaining to Local Guides?

New Years ResolutionNew Years Resolution

Do you have a New Years Resolution, a Challenge, an accomplishment you want to achieve in Local Guides or here in Connect?   I do.

As someone who never contributed in Videos or roads, I finally decided to do something a while back, I started slow but am picking up speed. I have over 210 videos and 168 Roads contributed.

"""MY GOAL is to have 1000 Videos and 1000 Roads added before April 30th this year."""

I am going to tag some fellow guides to see if they would like to share their goals for this year.

When my wife past away I turned to Local Guides to keep me busy. It has worked. I still have down days but they are few and far between. I have other goals here, this community means so much to me, One day I would like to give back when I am deemed ready I would love to become a Moderator and help guides.

Thanks for letting me open up here.

If you have any goal's or resolutions please post here or start your own post and I will try keep check of all of them.

I see @JustJake   has already started with his great Road mappers challenge 

Who Else?

Tagging in no order and I know I will miss some, please forgive me.

@tony_b    @Rednewt74   @MattGatlin    @Mikeinthefalls   @Mo-TravelleerX   @LightRich  @AdamGT 

I will figure out the rest, Lets see if this works

Ajax, ON, Canada
58 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Do You have a New Years Resolution pertaining to Local Guides?

Well done @TerryPG I truly love what appears to me to be a very ambitious goal but then again I just know if anyone can achieve this it will be you. 

My goal is quite simple, I just want to get away from the likes of you, @tony_b, @Rednewt74, @MattGatlin, @Mikeinthefalls, @JustJake, @Mo-TravelleerX,@Trail_blazer, @LightRich and @abermans, in no particular order and just to name a few because believe me there are many hundreds of other names, oh and Leaderboards, and damn spreadsheets, and have a holiday 😂 🤣 Only kidding. 

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Level 9

@TerryPG,,

I just joined @JustJake 's road challenge.

My other goals aren't as ambitious as your

• . I still have 37 weeks of my weekly photo post challenge. 
  • I too have master director in mind (1000 videos), but I think it will take me most of the year. 
  • Level nine: I've always thought it was Out Of Reach looking back between April and December of last year, in thinning the herd I lost almost 9,500 points, but I still ended up over 5,000 points higher than when I started. I'm thinking that with points from roadmapping and 17 points for adding a video with a caption, level 9 might be achievable by the end of the year. It's still not a high priority
  • Oh and of course dragging as many other guides down the video Rabbit Hole as I can😉

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Level 10

You have enough goals on the go right now @Rednewt74  I tried to join @JustJake   as well but no luck yet.

Level 10

It's an honor to be called out by the Mayor of Ajax himself, @TerryPG.

Yes, I intend to start the year off with 31 days of Road Mapper contributions, but I've got a couple other ideas.

• I WILL make it to Level 10. Someone gave me grief for taking 8 years to make Level 9, I'm getting the heck outta here this year.
  • Master Trailblazer badge will be mine.
  • Expert Director badge would be quite a feat, but I need to embrace video and that gives me a guidepost.
  • Take over as top Road Contributor in the US on the leaderboards. Jay has carried that torch long enough, I'm coming for it in 2024!
  • Figure out which Googlers I need to harass to score a Pegman pin. Seems like a stretch, but I can be very persistent 😁

I really would like to dream up a topic to host a trivia, if @Denise_Barlock would have me. So far, I have nothing to quiz about 🤔

Thanks for the aspiration inspiration @TerryPG!

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 9

@TerryPG, @JustJake,

I missed the fine print about it being a road mapper challenge. I asked to join but never heard anything either.

Was it Woody Allen that said I've never want to be a member of a club that would have me. 😉🤔🚫

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Level 10

@Rednewt74  - Close, but I think it was Groucho. 🥸

Level 10

@TerryPG 

I hadn’t really thought about making any LG goals for this year, but now that you’ve mentioned it, I think I’m going to try for these in 2024: 

• Hitting the 30,000 photo mark.
    (I just need to be more consistent)
  • Hitting the 2 billion views mark.(a few 2-second videos of Walmarts and Waffle Houses ought to do it)
  • Getting a 1,000 pics week.

I need to check out the road mapping challenge, too, and see if that’s something I can do in my area.

Happy New Year!

Matt

Level 10

@AdamGT I'm onto something though it was the target for the year 2023 but due me being very busy this year I plan to do this it now in 2024. I will have a post on this once I achieve it. I'm already onto videos, roads are the toughest things to add as most of them are already covered in my vicinity. Terry is being a lot ambitious here and it's always moving. But he can definitely do it. 👍🏻

Level 10

Wow @JustJake  you already have a lot of goals for the upcoming year, That's amazing and I know that @Denise_Barlock     would love to have you as a guest host, I know she has hinted many times.

Hint, Do something on roads Hint.