AmitabhDey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Devprayag: Confluence of 2 holy river Alakananda and Bhagirathi and create Sacred Ganges (Ganga)

Travelling towards Devprayag Sangam from Badrinath Temple of Uttarakhand, India:

"Devprayag Sangam" is one of the sacred “Panch Prayag” (confluence) of the two holy river Alaknanda and Bhagirathi:

DSC_5243.JPGDSC_5243.JPG

This Confluence of river Alaknanda and Bhagirathi is the starting point of mainstream of Holy river Ganges (Ganga).

DSC_5238.JPGDSC_5238.JPG

White Colour water source is river Bhagirathi (Starts from Gangotri Glacier).

DSC_5315.JPGDSC_5315.JPG

Green Colour water source is river Alaknanda (Starts from Satopanath Glacier and Bhagirath Kharak Glacier).

DSC_5313.JPGDSC_5313.JPG

The town is the named after Deosharma, a sage, who led a life of penance here and succeeded in having a glimpses of God.

DSC_5253.JPGDSC_5253.JPG

The great temple of Raghunathji is claimed to have been erected some ten thousand years ago and is built of massive uncemented stones. 

DSC_5245.JPGDSC_5245.JPG

Religious ablutions take place at two basins excavated inn the rock at junction of the holy streams of the Bhagirath known as the Brahm Kund and the other on the Alaknanda called the Vasisht Kund.

DSC_5237.JPGDSC_5237.JPG

DSC_5275.JPGDSC_5275.JPG

Devprayag, Uttarakhand, India
8 comments
Level 8

رد: Devprayag: Confluence of 2 holy river Alakananda and Bhagirathi and create Sacred Ganges (Ganga)

جميل @AmitabhDey 

Level 3

Re: Devprayag: Confluence of 2 holy river Alakananda and Bhagirathi and create Sacred Ganges (Ganga)

надо же как интересно получается, реки разных цветов

Level 10

Re: Devprayag: Confluence of 2 holy river Alakananda and Bhagirathi and create Sacred Ganges (Ganga)

So beautiful rive views , natural beauties  and your all photos!

Thanks my dear friend @AmitabhDey sharing a beautiful post and attracting photos 

Have a great day my friend 🌹🤩💚

Here is my recent post for you ! 

MD MAHBUB HYDER
Level 9

@ElizavetaT5 Yes, these are the beauty of rivers comes down from the Himalayas.

Level 9

Re: Devprayag: Confluence of 2 holy river Alaknanda and Bhagirathi and create Sacred Ganges (Ganga)

@ElizavetaT5 Yes, these are the beauty of rivers comes down from the Himalayas.

Level 3

очень красиво, наша загадочная природа творит чудеса)

Level 10

@AmitabhDey thanks a lot for sharing with us. as a tourist, there how much travel cost. any religious people can visit there ?? 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

@MahabubMunna Thank You for your comment and query. Sorry for late reply.

Travel and trekking cost in mountain and hill area of Uttarakhand is very affordable. And there is no religious restrictions in anywhere of Uttarakhand, even not in any temple. Person from any religion can visit any religious temple. In Devprayag I have not entered in any temple. I am not a religious person. I have visited these places just for love of mother nature and for watching the sculptural beauty of 500 to 1500 years old stone-made temple. And I love trekking and hiking. I had also visited Rangamati and Cox's Bazar of Bangladesh. Very soon I will publish Rangamati Photograph in Local Guides Connect forum.

Travel Cost Approx.:
Delhi to Haridwar Bus/Train Fare INR 500 to 1300.
Delhi to Haridwar/Hrishikesh 4 seater Cab Fare INR 3000 to 5000.
From Hrishikesh you can hire 4 seater sedan car per day basis. Rent per day 2500 to 3500.
8 seater SUV rent per day 3500 to 4500.
16 seater Traveller Van rent per day 6000 to 7500.
Problem is Non-Veg food hardly available in Haridwar, Hrishikesh, Dehradun and Mussouri. And in mountain area only Veg food available.
You can easily avail Helicopter Service also. Obviously with prior booking. I had booked Helicopter for my 6 Bangladeshi relatives.

Way to Kutupalong Rohingya Refugee Camp of Ukhia via Cox's Bazar Marine Drive, Bangladesh

Helicopter Service in Uttarakhand