ZuhairM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Comment for our Moderators

@ZuhairM I liked your idea.  I thought it might be easier to have an 'example' scripted response for Local Guides and/or Moderators to drop, even if they don't know the language.  I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.  I can pretty easily add languages or change the text.  - Michael

"Welcome Script"

English: Welcome to the community! I am not sure of the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say hi, and thanks for joining in.
Croatian: Dobro došli u zajednicu! Nisam siguran u odgovor na vaše pitanje, ali samo sam htjela pozdraviti, i hvala za ulazak u.
English: Welcome to the community! I am not sure of the answer to your question, but I just wanted to say hi, and thanks for joining in.
French: Bienvenue dans la communauté! Je ne suis pas sûr de la réponse à votre question, mais je voulais juste dire salut et merci pour se joindre à.
German: Willkommen in der Community! Ich bin die Antwort auf Ihre Frage nicht sicher, aber ich wollte nur sagen, hallo, und Dank für den Beitritt in.
Italian: Benvenuti nella comunità! Non sono sicuro della risposta alla tua domanda, ma volevo solo dire ciao, e grazie per partecipare.
Spanish: Bienvenido a la comunidad! No estoy seguro de la respuesta a su pregunta, pero yo sólo quería decir hola, y gracias por participar.
Swedish: Välkommen till samhället! Jag är inte säker på svaret på din fråga, men jag ville bara säga hej och tack för att gå in.

Level 9

Hello @ZuhairM

Thank you so much for that observation, I believe as @LuisRG and other moderators have put it. It is a challenge they will have to check frequently on connect to help make others feel appreciated, Also I want to add too that you too can also welcome them provided you see those posts first. You are already a connect member and even a like on their post sends a right message to them that we care about them in the group

It is suggestions like this that make connect a better place for all.

Happy Mapping, Happy Days

Regards

JonasK

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Connect Moderator

You just read out my mind loud @ZuhairM. I mean, I have been thinking about the same for last few days. I have joined connect some time end of last year. But I still could not figure out a lot of things. Hence, my contribution here is also very less. Trying to know things slowly though. It's not that I have never been appreciated, but the fact is I have never posted anything until beginning of this week. And since then I am getting kudos and comments for my comments and so on. And it is encouraging me to write here. I have been thinking of posting a simple "Hi I am Sonia from Bangladesh. Would anybody care to tell me what is this Connect all about" note for a long time. But I was too shy to make myself a laughing stock asking that. So I have learned really very little so far. And I really want to learn more about a lot of things. 🙂

Level 7

Hi @ZuhairM

I also in riyadh.. arrange  a meet up for all local guides here in Riyadh.