csaba1589's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Chino Latino - Alternative Asian Fusion in MN

So, my wife and I used to love to go to Chino Latino which was located in Uptown in Minneapolis. We loved the Asian Fusion style food. We would typically get the Bang Bang Chicken and the Kung Pao Chicken, along with some of the cool drinks they offered. Unfortunately, they permanently closed down during the pandemic... it's so disappointing. This used to be one of our favorite date night go-to's even though it was about 35 minutes from where we lived. Love the food, drinks, atmosphere, and it was a great people watching place especially on Friday/Saturday nights. 

Wondering if anyone can suggest similar Asian Fusion style restaurants in the Twin Cities area. We do also go down to FL (Miami, Tampa, Orlando areas) at least a couple times a year, so any suggestions on those areas would also be great!

Chino Latino Entrance.PNG

St Paul, MN, USA
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Chino Latino - Alternative Asian Fusion in MN

Hey there, @csaba1589 ! So sorry to hear about Chino Latino closing down permanently. There is nothing as devastating as one of our favorite businesses closing down, which is why many of us are Local Guides - highlighting local places or places abroad that are special to us and deserve the recognition and praise. 

I actually visited Minneapolis/St.Paul for the first time last year, so I'd love to hear your recommendations for other great spots up there. I'm from Miami, so I've got a few Asian/fusion places I'd recommend! Top spot I'd mention is Finka Table and Tap in Miami, followed by another favorite of mine in Ft. Lauderdale: KUBO Asian fusion. I'll even drop a place that I love in Orlando: Mamak Asian street food

I noticed you're new to our community - welcome! Be sure to explore Local Guides Connect and the different subtopic sections, introduce yourself here, and read some more on the basics about our community. Looking forward to seeing you around 😀

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 8

Thanks for your reply and recommendations. They all sound great. We will definitely have to try them out when we are in the area. 

Chino Latino was not the only restaurant that permanently closed... Pazaluna in downtown St. Paul used to be one of our favorite Italian places that ended up closing as well. 

As for recommendations in the Twin Cities, I would send you to the East suburbs for a Sunday Bruch at Lake Elmo Inn, it's a must :). Also, Matchsticks in Stillwater is a bit out of the cities, but well worth it. Otherwise, there are too many great restaurants in St. Paul and Minneapolis, hard not to find a good one. 

Level 8

Just south of Minneapolis, in Savage there are two decent Asian food takeout places. Asian Bowl and Super Dragon. Have had both, and both are pretty darn good if you happen to be in the area.

Level 8

Thanks for the recommendations. 

Looks like both Asian Bowl and Super Dragon are more your traditional asian "buffet" style meals, which are awesome, but definitely not comparable to Chino Latino. 

We do enjoy getting food from Little Chopstix, specifically the Woodbury location. We always get the dinner combos which are priced great, especially for the volume of food you get. Definitely worth a try if you have not.