Somsenater's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Cemeteries on Memorial Day

Today is a special day here in the United States of America.  We remember those who had given the greatest sacrifice, their very own lives to serve this country.  It got me thinking on how as Google Local Guides we could help.  Then I realized that there are many cemeteries across this country, as well as across the world, that needs our skills to help them be discovered.  An example would be the cemetery in which my grandfather is buried:

Fairview Cemetery

• I realized, there was no photo available for the cemetery, so I added one of my grandfather's tombstone (1 point there).
  • There was no review for the cemetery.  I know the grounds crew works hard on the maintenance of cemeteries across the world, they deserve the recognition, so give it to them with a review.  (1 point as well).
  • Many Cemeteries have missing data.  In the case of this cemetery, I'm sure they have business hours, and I would need to double-check, but you get the idea (1 point again!)
  • Some Cemeteries may not exist, and it is possible that you've been there several times, so it is vital that you get it added for those trying to find their loved ones (1 point there)
  • Finally, you may eventually be able to answer some questions about the cemetery that you had visited. (1 Last Point to be earned)

So there you have it, you could potential acquire 5 points today as you honor those that you love that have since passed away.  In parting I leave a photo of my grandfather's tombstone.

100_5200.jpg

New WriterNew SolutionistGood FriendSuper Popular| 9 Badges so far! | My Connect Profile | My Contributions
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Cemeteries on Memorial Day

@Somsenater, this is a great and very genuine example of how, as Local Guides, we can create a better experience for those in our community. It is also very timely considering our national holiday celebrating the lives of those who sacrificed their lives to keep us safe. Even going beyond the points, adding this type of information to Maps is so helpful on a variety of levels and shows that our contributions can touch many more lives than we could imagine. Thank you for this and bless your grandfather. 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall