cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Castle Howard in England is not a real castle

Hi @

ch5a.jpg

No place had such an impact before on me as Castle Howard. If you visit England, you must necessarily see this property. I visited it with my fiancee Aggie at the last summer. The name itself is very misleading!

ch4a.jpg

Castle Howard is a stately home in North Yorkshire, England, 24 km north of York. Castle Howard is not a real castle, but you must know that this term is also used for English village houses erected on the site of a former military castle.

ch3a.jpg

The construction of Howard Castle began in 1699 and took over 100 years to complete the project.

ch2aa.jpgThe house is surrounded by a large estate, which during the greatest glory occupied over 13 000 acres (5300 ha) and included the villages of Welburn, Bulmer, Slingsby, Terrington and Coneysthorpe.

ch6a.jpg

The property was served by its own railway station, Howard Castle for over 100 years, from 1845 to 1950.

ch7a.jpg

Castle Howard has extensive and diverse gardens. There is a large formal garden immediately behind the house.

ch8a.jpgCastle Howard has been as film location for: Brideshead Revisited (television serial and film as well), The Buccaneers, Lady L, Barry Lyndon, Galton and Simpson's, The Spy with a Cold Nose, Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties and other.

20180806-123505a.jpg

Amazing place, for the whole day of sightseeing, in my opinion.

Castle Howard, York, Wielka Brytania
8 comments
Level 9

Castle Howard is not a real castle

GeorgeR68 in the  Castle HowardGeorgeR68 in the Castle Howard

Hi @

I changed this post. In the picture I am, visit the castle in August 2018.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dot.: Castle Howard is not a real castle

@GeorgeR68  Pięknie 🙂  Anglia jest taka zielona cały rok 🙂 Pozdrawiam Danuta

Former Google Contributor

Re: Castle Howard in England is not a real castle

Hi @GeorgeR68,

Thank you for sharing this amazing post with us.

I saw that you have two posts, which are the same, one of them was spammed, so we have just released your post from the Spam Filters and merged them together. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

Thank you for almost tagging me 🙂 Here is one helpful topic about tagging: How to use @TAG in Connect

And finally, I really really like the photos that you shared, this castle looks amazing and I really hope that someday I will have the opportunity to visit England and visit all these amazing places. Until then I hope that you will keep surprising us with such posts and photos.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 9

@Anonymous Rzeczywiście tak o Anglii się mówi, że jest cały rok zielona. A swoją drogą, to tu gdzie ja mieszkam i pracuję nie było w tym roku śniegu nawet kilka godzin. owszem, było raz nawet -5, kilka razy poniżej zera - i to tyle ze srogiej zimy.

Level 9

Thank you @MoniV. I will try sometimes to show interesting places to visit from UK for you and our global community on the forum.I am an immigrant from Poland. I came to England more than 13 years ago and I'm going to stay here forever. 1.5 years ago I bought a new house in England and since then I have been working less and that is why I have time to travel and visit various places. The Old Kingdom of Great Britain has its charm and interesting, worth seeing places to share.

That's why there are two identical posts because my first post immediately went to spam (I do not know why) and confused instinctively put on the forum immediately the second post. I hope that this is not a big problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GeorgeR68  Hi 😊 Ja spędziłam 2 zimy w GB, raz widziałam śnieg i było -1, ale przez wiatr i deszcze to wydaje mi sie, że bardziej marzłam.W moim Elblągu (Polska) też nie było prawie zimy, no może w środę w styczniu 😀 Pozdrawiam Danuta 😊

Former Google Contributor

@GeorgeR68, I will be more that happy to read your next posts and thank you for sharing them with us. 

Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times, but this is not a problem when you make good posts and you are sure that nothing in the post violated our Local Guides program rules.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 9

@MoniV I'm learning here all the time.