bhasibahuleyan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Can you lead others to join for a plastic free surroundings on World Environment Day (June 05)?

Can you lead others to join for a plastic free surroundings on World Environment Day (June 05)?15277608691201988099597.jpg

Dethrone plasticDethrone plastic

BHASI BAHULEYAN
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Can you lead others to join for a plastic free surroundings on World Environment Day (June 05)?

Hey @bhasibahuleyan,

Is there some kind of international initiative on this day? I'd love to learn more about it.

PS: Just so you know, you had created two identical posts, so I removed one of them.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Re: Can you lead others to join for a plastic free surroundings on World Environment Day (June 05)?

Yes @NadyaPN, you know the main organisations are the UNO, WWF etc.

The local self government departments play a prominent role apart from other organisations

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 10

Hi @NadyaPN

With ref., to  World Environment Day, I had posted following write up in General Discussion but after one/two hours it was remove, after long search I could find out that somebody has  marked it as Spam, may be by mistake, if done knowingly, may I know the reason why ? Because environment is everyones concern and everybody has to take care of it.

You are requested to read entire article and pl. let know your honest opinion about it.

And if it is marked by mistake, l request you to reverse it or tell me how to do it.

Thanks.

The posted article.

World Environment Day - 5th June 2018

Hi LGC Members,

We all have willingly adopted & accepted activity of "Helping people" under banner of Google Maps and L.G.Connect Forum. Indeed very good initiative to help the society. Many many Kudos to all LGs.

Today, I have suggestion, to extend our mission of helping people in another field - Environment Protection - if environment is safe and well, we all LGs can go to see good places and take photographs of it but as warned by some environment experts, that in next 30/40 years time, "there will be more plastic bottles in sea than fish". This is alarming situation. Today I happen to see a Video on YouTube - 

https://youtu.be/77v9vKjx-XA 

A vedio by a Social reformer of India, Shri Sadguru. A powerful message given by him  to all. I am taking it forward through our LGC forum for benefit of humankind. 

This is a much needed initiative that needs to be propagated and implemented as soon as possible. It is urge to everyone, to stop using single use plastics beginning from this World Environment Day, which is on 5th June 2018. But this should be followed not just for one single day, instead this movement should inspire everyone to start a new form of plastic-free life. Let us all spread the word and join this movement, because EVERY DROP COUNTS. I Hope you all will support this movement and make it viral movement in whole world.

Thanks.

Vijay Desai.

Hi @VijayDesai,

Thanks for introducing me to your topic. I believe it was picked up by the automatic spam filters here. I totally agree that this is a huge problem and we all must act now to try and reverse the effects of it. I personally try my best not to use any single-use plastic and I'm discussing this with most of my friends and relatives.

Just so you know, the link to the Youtube video you've provided doesn't work.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hi, @NadyaPN

Thanks for quick response, concern & efforts.

Just I would like to know, the orgiorig article will be revoked by you, in general discussion or on some other board. Or  do I need to rewrite it, on general discussion board again ?

Awaiting your reply.

Vijay Desai

@VijayDesai, I can move it as a separate post on the General Discussion board, if you'd want me to. Although it fits well here under the topic of @bhasibahuleyan too.

Level 10

OK. No issue.

Thanks.