cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

COVID- 19 Contact Tracing

Hi Everyone,

Be safe,

problem statement : Regarding corona virus suspected person’s memory lapses and sometimes people do not remember their exposure history and there have been instances where some suspected persons even try to hide their travel history.

Solution : As our community people knows about Timeline which help to trace their travel history and details like the places visited, date, time, mode of transportation. This helps a lot instantly to cross check the suspected person’s statements.

I urge to convey this tool to every team who ever working in the contact tracing teams and police department as well from Google Maps & Local Guide Community as well.  This helps the other way also like the public can also check whether they visited the red zone areas on that date & time or not.

I'm requesting every Local Guider to convey this method to your local Health officials & Government & Police department.

Here are the steps to check :

Kindly find the below steps for the location history:

Step 1: On your Android phone, open the Google Maps app and click on your Account Circle.  

Step 2: Tap Your Timeline 

Step 3: Drag down Today option and select the date, month, year you want to check.

Step 4: You can select Places, Cities and world as well.

Step 5: After selecting the date you can check the places visits with Time and mode of transportation.

Kindly find the below Demo pics and a scenario of how it helps. 

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Shabarish

#COVID19 #Coronavirus 

.Screenshot_20200330-184227__01.jpgScreenshot_20200330-184356__01.jpgScreenshot_20200330-184616__01.jpgScreenshot_20200330-185108__01.jpgScreenshot_20200330-185510__01.jpgScreenshot_20200331-133823__01.jpgScreenshot_20200331-134052__01.jpg

1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: COVID- 19 Contact Tracing

Hi @shabarish,

Thanks for taking time to make such a detailed description! : ]

I just wanted to let you know, that the current post would be relocated to How-tos. should it suit better to the subject and a broader audience could access easier to it.

Please keep in mind that the Idea exchange category would mainly be utilized on Connect for Local Guides to share their feedback and ideas with our team to tell us about a way to improve the Local Guides program.

To learn more about the Idea Exchange, you can read the article How do I use the Idea Exchange?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!