ShirleyY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

CNN - Cakes of the World

CNN recently published the list of 'Cakes of the world'. A lot of my favourites made it to the list! 

Which one is your favourite dessert?

8 comments
Level 7

Re: CNN - Cakes of the World

Cake is definitely one of my favorite desserts. The only cake I've tried on the list was Cheesecake. I love Cheesecake! My favorite Cheesecake to order at the Cheesecake factory is red velvet.

Level 9
Level 9

@ShirleyY I'm a big fan of cake (I've even been known to have it for breakfast) and I respect that august publisher CNN, but Tiramisu.....?? It's delicious, but it's not cake! Btw (fun?) fact, the 'traditional' dessert tiramisu was only invented in the 1960s

Mmmm cake  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naVyR6KlkWI

@Pea Hahah thanks for pointing it out. I would consider Tiramisu as a cake before.. Pretty ignorant about that! LOL

Definitely impossible to pick a favourite... but I know I'll pick Indonesia's Lapis Legit anytime (We call it Kueh Lapis, though. Lapis Legit sounds so funky!). I had a slice some time last week and @YanniY mentioned to me that one small slice of it can contain up to 3 egg yolks. Just imagine my horror when I thought about the number of yolks that go into making a loaf of Lapis Legit (usually a 9 x 9 inch square)!

When it comes to cakes, I devour them without thinking much about where it came from. So thanks for sharing this, @ShirleyY

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

I know right! So hard to pick! Is Lapis Legit very similar to the crepe cake?

hahahaha but there is always an argument that pavlova is Australian!! @JeslynL @YanniY 

It does look like a crepe cake but the process of baking it will tell you the difference between the two. This video gives a pretty good idea!

Oh man, that contention... give me a good pavlova and I will just eat it with no opinion 😄

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

hahaha true! #ilovepav @JeslynL

Level 9

Hi @ShirleyY

Was not even aware of some many types of cakes listed here 🙂  , My favorite in the list is  Black Forest cake .

Here a post of mine related to Cakes : Cakeshow