Malarik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Burgers Lovers Pics! Share your pics....

I am always in search of the very best burgers.  The best ones in my local area are places which grind their own beef, sometimes from private ranches, or 

up to 3 different cuts of beef.  The size, fat content, freshness, and many other factors effect the basic quality of the beef, but the cooking method is critical.

Likely the best way is to Sous Vide the beef to pasteurize, then use a BBQ or other method to seal in the goodness, while making a "crust".  The quality of

the toppings goes a long way.  The tops should complement the meat, while not overwhelming the beef with other flavors/ aromas (e.g. strong Blue Cheese).

I am always in search of the very best burgers.  The best ones in my local area are places which grind their own beef, sometimes from private ranches, or 

up to 3 different cuts of beef.  The size, fat content, freshness, and many other factors effect the basic quality of the beef, but the cooking method is critical.

Likely the best way is to Sous Vide the beef to pasteurize, then use a BBQ or other method to seal in the goodness, while making a "crust".  

The quality of

the toppings goes a long way.  The toppings should complement the meat, while not overwhelming the beef with other flavors/ aromas (e.g. strong Blue Cheese).

Depending upon the fat content & taste of the beef, I use various amounts of toppings like: wild mushrooms, vermont white cheddar, avocado, hickory smoked

lean bacon (or another pork. like pork belly), soft-shelled crab, and so on...but I avoid the use of the more pedestrian add-ons, such as onions & tomato.

Most topping are used more to cover the drawbacks of the beef, like a juicy tomato to sub for dried overdone beef.  

I feel that the beef should ideally be more like steak tartare or beef carpaccio in texture & quality.  I find that some of the worst burger can be found at steak houses

for some strange reason, as they often use greasy chuck steak for huge burgers.

I am really going to have to explore more combo's to complement burger, since as Caviar, since I find that breaded Chilied Soft Shelled Crabs work wonders on 

some burgers!

Anyway, what do you think?p

Pismo Beach, CA, United States