YuliiaZa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Broken chronology in Edits section on Android

UPDATE as of 27.10.2023: The chronology is restored after a few weeks of mess.

Recently I've noticed that edits are out of chronological order in Google Maps on my phone. 

On the screenshot, you can see the dates of the October edits at the top of the page underlined in orange: 7th, then 18th and 14th. 

a screenshots with edits with different statusa screenshots with edits with different status

If I scroll down, other edits begin to appear in chronological order regardless of their status (accepted, pending, or not approved).

  

a screenshots with edits with different statusa screenshots with edits with different status

Has anyone encountered this bug? Is there anything I can do about it? 

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Broken chronology in Edits section on Android

Hi @YuliiaZa 

I don't think this is a bug. Older edits will appear at the top if list when they get approved or rejected. 

Cheers

Morten 

Level 8

Re: Broken chronology in t section on Android

@MortenCopenhagen , I've just made a new edit and it's approved. Still, the earlier rejected edit continues hanging on top for some reason.

IMG_20231021_191825.jpg

Connect Moderator

@YuliiaZa 

Maybe it this is to give priority to those on the list, or maybe it is a bug, or maybe this issue is not considered worth the time fixing.  I think there are unrelated issues that are a lot more urgent, and when considering the list of edits there are also many more related issus like:

Not all edits show up on the list.

Rejected edits almost never result in an email notification.

We are not informed when/if an edit expires without resolution.

Also, sorting our list of edits is high on the wishlist for many LGs.

So there are quite a few issue that would be great to have fixed. Including the one you reported.

Hopefully, this will eventually get fixed.

Cheers

Morten 

Level 8