Thiel-Sartawsky's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Brith of a great river

Birth of the Tagus River (Sierra de Albarracín, Teruel)

The Tagus River, the longest in the Iberian Peninsula with 1008 kilometers in length, rises at this point of the Universal Mountains, called Fuente Garcia. This river, which we see here as a small stream, flows finally into the city of Lisbon, with an average flow of 444 m3 per second.

Very close to where the river is actually born, a little lower, we find the monument to the river Tagus monument, in which we can see a huge statue representing the personification of the river, and the symbols of the provinces of Teruel (the bull with the star), Guadalajara (the knight) and Cuenca (the calyx).
In the same area where this monument is located we will have a picnic area with tables and parking, is an ideal place to have a good time. This monument is next to the road that goes to Frías de Albarracín, in an exit of the road that is signposted as 'Nacimiento del Tajo'.  @MoniDi 

DSC_4146.jpg

DSC_4129.jpg

DSC_4132.jpg

DSC_4133.jpg

DSC_4134.jpg

DSC_4137.jpg

DSC_4139.jpg

DSC_4140.jpg

DSC_4142.jpg

DSC_4144.jpg

DSC_4145.jpg

Nacimiento del Río Tajo, Frías de Albarracín, España
6 comments
Level 8

Re: Brith of a great river

Hi @Thiel-Sartawsky , 

Thanks for sharing this post with us. 

Thanks for your details information about the Tagus River. 

Thanks again. 

#LetsGuide

#LocalGuides | #LetsGuide | #Bangladesh |#BangladeshLocalGuides | #SoundOfBeautifulBangladesh
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dot.: Brith of a great river

Piękne miejsce, piękne fotografie @Thiel-Sartawsky  Dzięki za udostępnienie 😊 Czy ktoś zna piękniejsze miejsce niż... nasza Ziemia? 😊

Level 9

Nice post @Thiel-Sartawsky 

Thank you for sharing with us.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Thiel-Sartawsky,

Thank you for sharing! I like a lot going in the countryside and enjoy a walk with my dog. Is it pet-friendly? When is the best season to visit? Also, I'm quite sure that @sonnyNg would like to take a look at your post as he's a fan of picnic and outdoor activities and you can check his post A day trip to Prohodna Cave.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Thiel-Sartawsky,

Your photos are amazing, thanks for sharing.

This place looks definitely like a must-visit location. The river looks super clean and beautiful. Special thanks for the details for how to visit it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hello @Thiel-Sartawsky ,

Thank you for the tag and the story behind your photos. It was very interesting for me to read about the the symbols of the provinces of Teruel.

Lisbon is a must-see in my list of places to visit. I am glad that I will be able to stop by the Tagus River whenever I happen to visit the Portuguese capital. 

Did you enjoy some picnic time during this trip? I haven't done this in quite a while. I believe the last time was in summer 2018.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!