TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Big Buddha Phuket

The Big Buddha Phuket sits on top of Mount Nagakerd, in the Phuket Province of Thailand. It is 45 metres high and 25.45 metres wide. It is a reinforced concrete structure adorned with white jade marble from Myanmar.

It is a magnificent structure to visit. It is free to view up close although donations are welcome to provide upkeep and security. There are many stalls around selling souvenirs. There aren't many steps to walk up from the carpark. The views from the Buddha are amazing also.

The Google Maps site is here https://goo.gl/maps/ePDBJ76KgXp and video here https://youtu.be/7jy-v7pGx1k

Big Buddha PhuketBig Buddha Phuket

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Big Buddha Phuket, Karon, Mueang Phuket District, Phuket, Thailand
15 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Big Buddha Phuket

Hi @TheEagleEye,

It's wonderful, thanks for sharing. 

The photos and the video are impressive. When did you visit Thailand? What else did you see and what kind of food did you try?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @Petra_M, my wife and I visited Thailand during a six Asian country trip in 2015 over a 21 day period.

We did so much which I will share in other posts. We always eat the local dishes when we are travelling although for us at the time it was only vegetarian dishes. Now we do include fish in our diet.

Phuket was our first stop in Thailand, followed by Krabi, and Bangkok. I had been to Thailand twice before. Have you been to Thailand or Asian countries?

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.

Hi @TheEagleEye,

Thanks for the reply.

I like to check out your post, as they are always interesting. I have never been in Thailand, but I'm planning to visit, because it's amazing.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Hi @TheEagleEye,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Is it your first time in Thailand? Have you visited Wat Khao Rang? It is very popular also in Phuket. I can share some photos from this place Wat Luang Phor Toh in Thailand from my visit.

Caption: A photo of Wat Luang Phor Toh in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of Wat Luang Phor Toh in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hi @Aruni, yes we did visit Wat Luang Phor Toh. It was my 3rd time in Thailand and first for my wife.

Hi @TheEagleEye,

Wow, very nice. Where do you like to go the most? Did your wife like Thailand, when she saw it for the first time?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @TheEagleEye,

Your photo is so beautiful and description is so interesting. Thank you for sharing!

While I was travelling in Thailand I had the chance to visit quite many places. During my stay on Ko Samet island, I came across this small statue of a Buddha that I found also very beautiful.

Caption: A photo of a statue of a Buddha captured in Ko Samet island in Thailand. (Local Guide @TsekoV)Caption: A photo of a statue of a Buddha captured in Ko Samet island in Thailand. (Local Guide @TsekoV)

@Aruni Thank you for sharing photos of this beautiful place too! I have never visited it, but I am adding it to my must-visit list.

Have you heard of the Wat Phra Chetuphon Vimolmangklararm Rajwaramahaviharn - the temple with the golden statue of Reclining Buddha in Bangkok?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@Aruni, I don't have preference of where I go. I just like to travel even if it is somewhere I've been before. My wife did enjoy Thailand very much, especially Krabi.

Hi @TheEagleEye,

Very nice. Can you share nice pictures from Karbi? I think it will be interesting for the other Local Guides.

I hope that you and your wife had a good time in Thailand.

@TsekoV, Thank you for sharing this nice photo with us. Yes, I visited this place 7 years ago. I can share some photos from this place Wat Phra Chetuphon Vimolmangklararm Rajwaramahaviharn in Thailand.

Caption: A photo of Wat Phra Chetuphon Vimolmangklararm Rajwaramahaviharn in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)Caption: A photo of Wat Phra Chetuphon Vimolmangklararm Rajwaramahaviharn in Thailand (Local Guide @Aruni)