paysin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Best Restaurants in London

Hello Local Guides! 

Have any of you spent time experiencing the food scene in London? Do you have any recommendations or places you like to frequent? 

I spend most of my time in the Soho area and the restaurant selection is really great. I especially like - 

I don't see too many London Local Guides on this forum, but hopefully there are enough of you that we can all discover some new places. 

Happy exploring! 

London, UK
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Rif.: Best Restaurants in London

Hey @paysin

Thank you for this post. So happy to see your post as I miss London quite a lot, and I am trying to come back there as many times as possible.

I have never been to Soho's restaurants, so the ones that you have listed will be definitely on my next list for my next trip there.

What I really enjoyed a couple of years ago was the area of Brixton, as full of variety in terms of restaurants (especially if you looking for Jamaican ones)

Just yesterday instead I was reading about a place in Chelsea called "La mia mamma". The peculiarity of this place is that real Italian mums of people that moved to London, cooked on turn the dishes from their Regions.

I advise you to try it and leave us a review like for the restaurants of Soho when you can.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Rif.: Best Restaurants in London

Hey @Sorbe

Brixton is great! I need to try more of the Jamaican restaurants there; I know there's a large Jamaican community in that area. There's a bakery off the Brixton high street that does really good desserts for people with dietary restrictions that I would recommend, it's called Ms. Cupcake

La Mia Mamma sounds so cool! Definitely on my must-go list now. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the recommendation! 🙂

Level 9

Re: Best Restaurants in London

Hey @paysin:

I too miss London a lot and when I lived there, I spent a lot of time in the Fitzrovia area. 

Here are two of my favourite places to eat there: Siam Central (a great Thai place) and KOBA (a Korean place).

I also really enjoyed Koya for some traditional Japanese food, especially for breakfast.

And if I ever miss Chinese or South East Asian food, I'd pop over to Hare and Tortoise

Do share photos if you have a new find. I'm always trying to find an excuse to go back to London!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Former Google Contributor

Thanks @paysin

After reading your recommendations last evening I went to check some flights and I found some decent ones for a weekend in October. I will follow your tips and try one of the places that you had suggested to me.

Shoreditch is another really good place to visit, especially on a Sunday. My cousin advised me to try Troys Bar there, a really cool Jamaican place.

For Japanese instead they recommend me Uchi, in Hackney. Have you ever been there @Shirley ?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

I'm very excited that you get to go to London for a weekend @Sorbe! Wish I was that close to London too!

No, I've never actually ventured out to Hackney. I actually used to live in Fitzrovia, which was why I was often there but Uchi looks interesting. If you check it out, do let us know what you think of it! 🙂

If you're looking for as place to drink and in the Shoreditch area, I would recommend Nightjar. I definitely enjoyed this place! 

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Loving these recommendations! 

@Shirley Koba looks so good! I've been to Koya on Frith Street before and you're right, it's excellent! 

@Sorbe So glad you were able to find a flight! I work in the Shoreditch area and there are tons of places around. One of my favorite lunch spots is What the Pitta in Boxpark; super good vegan döner kebabs in a fun setting. The Hoxton is a nice hotel in the neighborhood you might look into when you're planning your trip. 

Thanks for the great recommendations! 

Level 9

Hello @paysin

Thank you for your post.

I used to have Meatball Sandwich from Subway

I also have visited Sushi, Nando's and other local restaurants.