Austin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Been difficult to make edits recently?

I've had a really rough time as of recent making valid updates to Google Maps, and I was wondering if other people were noticing a similar trend, or if it's just my area specifically?

I've had a lot of edits not get applied, most recently a place that closed down a month ago (where open table and yelp have already clearly stated that it's closed, and there is plenty of documentation/news sources around the closure) and my edits will be denied after a couple of minutes. I wish there were a way to escalate the situation, provide evidence, or something similar to push those edits through, as it's really frustrating that Google Maps is persisting stale/incorrect data, and even as a level 7 guide, I'm incapable of correcting it.

Reston, VA, United States
1 comment
Level 10

Re: Been difficult to make edits recently?

Yes @Austin sometimes our edits shows "Not Applied" status and suddenly we feel bad. but Google review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.

What makes a good edit : 

Name :  Use the official or primary name for a place. Don’t add any extra comments in the name field.

Address : Enter a readable address. If Maps suggests an address that’s incomplete, add additional details in the address.

Marker : When you move a marker, make sure you zoom in far enough and switch to satellite view. This will help you see buildings and move the marker on the building where the place is.

Category : Use specific categories when describing a place. For example, use "Clothing store" instead of "Store".

Hours : Enter the hours a place is open. You can add different hours for different days of the week.

Phone number : Use the primary phone number. Check that the number you suggested is correct first. 

Website : Use the official website. Don’t include links to social networking sites, review aggregators, or other similar websites.

Or you can try send feedback option in google maps.

hope it helps you.

Thank You.

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+