Edie_Nurdy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Batam Island, Indonesia

View of neighboring country in the morning from Nagoya City Batam. (Riau Islands, Indonesia).

Singapore 12 miles across Batam (Riau Islands, Indonesia)Singapore 12 miles across Batam (Riau Islands, Indonesia)

View of Nagoya City of Batam at night (Riau Islands, Indonesia)View of Nagoya City of Batam at night (Riau Islands, Indonesia)

The boat view of "Boat Pancung" is a means of transportation between traditional islands typical of the city of Batam on the borderThe boat view of "Boat Pancung" is a means of transportation between traditional islands typical of the city of Batam on the border

View of Batam (Riau Islands, Indonesia)View of Batam (Riau Islands, Indonesia)

Spoiler

The trip to Singapore from Batam Island is not an airplane flight, there are only ferry crossings in 35 minutes. Batam City is the only province that has 5 access to official international ports in Indonesia (Batam Center, Harbourbay Jodoh, Nongsa Pura, Sekupang & Tanjung Riau Marina / Teluk Senimba Sekupang) as the entrance to Indonesia.

View of Batam Island, IndonesiaView of Batam Island, Indonesia

The batam city on the western border of Indonesia, has now become a unique city with the manifestation of combining modern industrial city & beautiful.

Batam City, Kepulauan Riau, Indonesia
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Batam Island, Indonesia

Hello @Edie_Nurdy,

Thank you for sharing this with us. Batam Island looks like it's well worth a visit. Do people use the boats to commute to work too, or is mainly for tourists? 

I have yet to experience Indonesia but it is on my list of must-see countries. I might just include Batam Island in my itinerary.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

You are welcome Please visit this link to see the corner of Batam city (Riau Islands, Indonesia)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqTU_9Sn2gz/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ryebxkhtjdoy

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Edie_Nurdy,

This is just a reminder that Connect is not a place of self promotion of any kind. 

I also want to let you know, that I am moving your post til the travel section, as it fits better here. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!