cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Barcelona - Madrid - Rest of the world

Felix Lopez furgo garAJE.jpg

This is the story of my life.

I was born in Barcelona, enjoying the beach and the mountain, the natural parks next to Barcelona, traveling to Majorca, Andorra and a few times Madrid.

When I finish my degree in Marketing I decided to move to Madrid to follow my education with a Master in Marketing. Madrid it's unique, everybody falls in love with Madrid...

In Madrid you are 1-2 hours from amazing cities and nice places in Spain: Segovia, Avila, Toledo, Almagro, Valladolid, Burgos... so I started to discover the nicest places close to Madrid.

But also is well connect with London, Paris, Istambul, Brussels, Amsterdam so I start to make quick trips for business purpose or just for fun to this cool cities.

In Madrid I made a huge group of friends from USA, Mexico, Colombia, Bolivia, Dominican Republic... and I had the chance to cross the Atlantic to visit them after my Master.

In all my trips my camera is always with me, so I have thousands of good pictures from my adventures, but It was a pity no have the power of Google Maps at that point.

My favorite trips have been in Dominican Republic with good friends, sailing, driving a 4x4, making rafting in a river, drinking rum, dancing merengue...

My second favorite trip was in 2012 to San Francisco and Silicon Valley. I was director of the Young Entrepreneurs Association and I want to know in first hand the top entrepreneurial ecosystem in the world. I had the chance to visit the Google Headquarters, Linkedin Headquarters, Steve Jobs's house and several entrepreneurs and investors events.

But when I discovered the LOCAL GUIDES PROGRAM? I think was one year ago. It's addictive, I can visit a place (Restaurant, Hotel, Bar, Church, Monument...) without leaving my comments, my valuation, my pictures... In a few months I'm in leven 5 with more than 500 points.... I want to get 1.000 !!!!

Are you enjoying the program?

Madrid, España
1 comment
Level 9

Re: Barcelona - Madrid - Rest of the world

Thanks @FelixLC for sharing your story, we would love to read posts on your travels to Dominican republic and SF in travel and discovery section.

Yes I as you love Local guides program and quite addicted to it!