GianLucaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Astana, Kazakhstan

Dear all, my name is Gian Luca, from Italy, and right now I'm in Astana to write a "Cultural Guide" of the Kazakhstan capital. My purpose is to complete the text, with original maps and pictures, before EXPO 2017. The book will be a tool, written in a scientific way, to the knowledge of the urban and architectural history of the city and the description of its most culturally important sites. There will be no information on hotels, restaurants and other tourist facilities.

GLB Expo 2017.JPG

Astana, Kazakistan
2 comments
Level 6

Re: Astana, Kazakhstan

Good luck Luca! I hope you will find a lot of good information for 'Cultural Guide' book. Thank you for effort to develop such information, it will be very useful for lots of people.

@GianlucaB wrote:

Dear all, my name is Gian Luca, from Italy, and right now I'm in Astana to write a "Cultural Guide" of the Kazakhstan capital. My purpose is to complete the text, with original maps and pictures, before EXPO 2017. The book will be a tool, written in a scientific way, to the knowledge of the urban and architectural history of the city and the description of its most culturally important sites. There will be no information on hotels, restaurants and other tourist facilities.

GLB Expo 2017.JPG

Level 4

Re: Astana, Kazakhstan

Dear Duman, 

I have the pleasure to inform You that the book I wrote “Astana. A Cultural Guide to the Capital of Kazakhstan” has been published some weeks ago.

It is a brilliant presentation of the capital of Kazakhstan, highlighting mainly the historical and cultural roots of its development and growth. Composed of about 150 pages and packaged as a pocket book, the Guide is completed with photographs and topographic maps and is dedicated to all those who reach Astana for the first time and want to know the history of the city and the cultural meaning of its monuments. This Cultural Guide does not claim to describe and present all the main tourist attractions in the city and around it.

The cultural project was supported by two very important Italian scientific institutions: the ISMEO - International Association of Studies on the Mediterranean and the East of Rome, and the Foundation Institute of History of Vicenza. 

The book is possible to buy from me (I'm right now in Astana to promote the book) as well as both at the ISMEO website (www.ismeo.eu) and at the web site of the Publishing House CLUEB. 

I believe that the Astana Cultural Guide can be a delightful idea to offer and present to all guests and visitors who will come to Kazakhstan and Astana for visiting EXPO 2017, and more.

Gian Luca Bonora 

eclglbonora@gmail.com 

Gian Luca Bonora - Astana. A Cultural Guide to the Capital of KazakhstanGian Luca Bonora - Astana. A Cultural Guide to the Capital of Kazakhstan