Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: There’s still time to apply for Connect Live 2018

I'm submitting my application now! Thanks for the helpful tips 😉

Level 7

@TraciC The more applicants you get the lesser my chance 🙂 Hahaha! Just kidding, the more the merrier.

Anyone who was going to submit and is scared or unknown what to do or feel you don't have a chance. DO IT ANYWAY! You have nothing to lose and a TON to gain.

Plus someone (actually 150 someones) have to win 😉 

Good luck all! 

Underdog

Level 6

Thank you for the invitation to the Connect Live 2018 event in San Francisco in October. My name is Amir. I live in Jerusalem, where I am a language teacher at a high school and a theological seminary. I have been active as a Local Guides contributor, especially through Google Maps, for the past year. I do quite a bit of traveling and find the photos and reviews of other users exceedingly helpful, and I endeavor to repay the service whenever I can. I have actually not been active on Connect, because the first day I logged in my email account was flooded with about seventy messages and it scared me away -- but I intend to dip my toes in again this summer as I'll be traveling in Armenia, Belgium and Ireland. Since my main hobby is running, both on road and on trail, I frequently find myself in places well off the beaten path and where there is often little or no information or the information is outdated or inaccurate. I consider it an opportunity to fill the gaps so that the information will be there for those seeking it after me. Also, because I live in Jerusalem I am interested in how political conflicts spill over to Google reviews, as is the case in territories like Nagorno-Karabakh where Armenians and Azerbaijanis use reviews as a platform for engaging in territorial disputes.

I look forward to interacting with my Connect colleagues, to learn from their experience, and to share mine.

Amir

Level 8

Rif.: There’s still time to apply for Connect Live 2018

@TraciC

Hi Traci,

I need your help because when I filled out the application form, I received an error and sent everything with some missing parts.
The missing parts are those of the phrases where to speak because we are a local guide and what we expect from the October event.
Is it possible to check if everything is complete?

Thanks a lot

Amm. Community del VENETO ----; https://plus.google.com/communities/115044706645207377044
Level 5

My name is Seyi and i have just recently completed my application for the October Live Connect. 

I am from Lagos, Nigeria, fun to be with and always interested in learning new cultures. I hope i qualify and meet more diverse local guides soon.

Level 10

Wooohoo, just submitted my application for this year's Local Guides Connect Live summit.

Good luck everybody, hope to see many of you soon!

Still 1 day to go guys, can still beat the deadline 🙂

Level 8

Rif.: There’s still time to apply for Connect Live 2018

Hurry up ,Yes, you do have time to apply, but make sure you put the correct information in the fields provided to you because you will not be able to edit once it gets submitted.  Do it fast.

Level 7

Yay!! Just applied a few days ago. Really hope I can attend 🙂 Good luck to all the other applicants! Wish they could host more than 150 local guides...

Level 7

& the time is NOW..

Level 8

Yay! I have submitted my application . Hope I’m lucky enough to get selected for this year connect meetup in California.