TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Answering accessibility questions on Google Maps

Hello dear developers , thank you for creating this wondetful features with accessibility , as a wheelchair user and developer I want to say you big big Thank you !!! My qiestion is - how can I technicaly show the accessible places , filtering them in my app for disabled people ? We are creating the accessible map for people with disabilities accesstravels.org and we are using Google maps . Thank you , looking forward for your help

@JHarden wrote:

I believe that it is up to us as 'local guides' to include these types of places in our photo reviews and comments about places.

Level 3

Hello!

I cannot find the accessibility questions when I open "My contributions".

I attach a screenshot. Please tell me where do I have to click to find the accessibility questions?

contrib.jpg

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Mantwis, thank you for your interest in accessibility! You will be prompted with questions only when you are using the Google Maps app. Here's how

• Go to “Your contributions” on your phone.
  • Tap “Answer questions about a place” (Don’t see it? Make sure Location History is turned on.)
  • Answer as many accessibility questions as you can (use this guide for reference).
  • You may see other questions as well, until you move on to the next place.
  • If you have an Android device, you can find places near you that are missing this info and edit these attributes by checking the facts.

More info are available here.

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 3

Does that mean that I cannot do it on my computer?....

Does google plan to implement the "accessibility" feature for computer users?

Thanks,

M.

Former Google Contributor

Not at the moment but it's definitely a feedback the team has received, @Mantwis. On a desktop, you can

• Write reviews pointing out if a place is set up well for people with mobility issues
  • Upload photos of places (hopefully you can access your photos on your computer) showing details that matter most to people who use wheelchairs like the entrance, restroom, and seating

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 3

Thanks for the info!

Level 3

Why aren't there any info regarding restrooms?

Level 9

@TraciC

First thank you for your interesting post.

Also I would like to add something about : Is there a wheelchair-accessible entrance ?

It's sometimes common to see stores wich use permanent Ramp to make accessible entrance.

Sometimes because of Public works some buildings (businesses, administration, etc) temporary install special ramps.

Google-Maps-Is-there-a-wheelchair-accessible-entrance.jpg

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 3

You are right,

And the bar also. 

AND perhaps what areas are NOT accessible....

Level 7

Re: Answer accessibility questions on Google Maps accurately

How Can i report,if one of the local guide simply give the wrong answer and answer is not related with the question? Kindly advice.