Ankit's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

An Indian Foodie

I wanted to share my story of how I have been using Google maps to generate more revenue for the new businesses. I started using maps in 2016 and I was immediately got a chance to participate in a google local guide walk. I loved the idea of putting local businesses on maps. I took it as a challenge and I haven't looked back yet.IMG_20190224_135015-01.jpeg

My primary reason for using google maps for it to have correct information. Be it correct address, location, phone number, opening hours or even correct menu items. Its really really important that information is accurate, only then maps will become the one stop solution to all the needs.IMG_20190216_095856-01.jpeg

I visit, 4-5 restaurants a week, talk to them and review the information with them, so that the information listed on Google maps is accurate and corrected if it isn't. From last 6 months my focus is on Answers because that is one place maps can pick up lots of information and do a course correct itself.IMG_20181119_135120.jpg

Above picture is from a very very small place in one of the remote places in Jodhpur. Base on my review almost 6 months back the sale has increased steeply. The only reason was that I made some corrections, took some pictures and wrote am honest review. Now almost 10% vehicles passing the highway stop at this very small place for Pakodas and Tea.

We are 4 friends who do this once in month as a group and remaining days individually, we are our community on out own and doing this gives us amazing amount of pleasure and satisfaction.

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
1 comment
Level 6

Re: An Indian Foodie

These look delicious!