MohazamAwan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Amazing Thing you could do as a Local Guide

Being a Google Local Guide is in itself amazing. I, Mohazam Awan, been a user of Google Maps for a long time. It all started in 2010, Yeah! It’s been a decade now. In the beginning, it was a great hassle & disappointing when you’d search your favorite place around town on maps & it wasn’t on maps. You couldn’t do anything about it. I think it suffices to say what I wrote before this sentence gives you the gist of what’s coming next.A scenic view of the famous Mansehra Road, Abbottabad, as seen from Abbottabad Heights.A scenic view of the famous Mansehra Road, Abbottabad, as seen from Abbottabad Heights.

During this time Google Maps has changed a lot. Each new update in the app, every new feature that has been added is quite astonishing. Firsthand we were unable to add or edit the maps, but now this Local Guides Program has provided us the power & opportunity of doing much more. It is a continuous collaboration of amazing people around the world, putting together the pieces of this puzzle.

Lalazar Hiking Track, Donga Gali.Lalazar Hiking Track, Donga Gali.

Lalazar Wildlife Park, Donga GaliLalazar Wildlife Park, Donga Gali

A colorful Ferris Wheel at Harno Recreational Point, HarnoiA colorful Ferris Wheel at Harno Recreational Point, Harnoi

With this new Local Guides Program, you get to make the change yourself that you have been waiting to make. You can explore new places, uncover missing information about a spot, Verify information added by other people. With each day passing by development is taking place at a rapid pace, new restaurants, fast food joints, shopping plaza, supermarkets, department stores and much more are opening. Being a local guide you get to be the one who adds that new location on maps, isn’t that amazing. Adding Photos and videos of Menu of a restaurant, Shopping item, Or Contact information is even more amazing. In doing so you are helping people around you. People can look up a place and know more about that place even without using time & energy of going out there.

Moonrise, AbbottabadMoonrise, Abbottabad

In my time as a Local Guide, I've added new places, uncovered missing information, added Photos, and Videos of restaurants, Shops & more. Hopefully, you would be able to see most of my town on maps soon cause I will keep adding photos & videos, complete missing pieces of information.

A beautiful Sunset, Abbottabad Heights.A beautiful Sunset, Abbottabad Heights.View of Abbottabad During a rain shower seen from Abbottabad Water TankView of Abbottabad During a rain shower seen from Abbottabad Water Tank

Abbottabad, Pakistan