MikeDownes's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

All my 1,964 Photos and 121 Videos have disappeared from Public Maps

Can someone please help to resolve this issue. As you see from this link to my Maps Contributions Photos page and these slides, I have NO public photos, yet have uploaded over 2,000 in the last two years. I was also a Level 8 Local Guide with over 15,000 points, and as my photos/videos have been removed, I have lost over 10,000 points too. I sincerely hope this is some kind of bug? Many Thanks..

mike downes google maps photos as 26 dec 17.jpg

8 comments
Level 8

Over 10,200 lost points Please Help

I have lost over 10,200 pints from Google Local Guides Maps. Slide shows how all my photos and videos have been allocated zero points. Has this happened to anyone else? Of course I am pretty disappointed - a few weeks ago my google.com/+mikedownes account was also suspended twice in a day then reinstated. My guess is google's algorithm is triggering something? Thanks.

google local guides points 26 dec 17.jpg

Level 8

Re: All my 1,964 Photos and 121 Videos have disappeared from Public Maps

Hi @MikeDownes it might be some kind of flight glitch or there might be some new updates rolling on. Don't worry your contribution will be back once the update roolls out :).

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 8

Thanks, I've just checked my emails, last one on 21 Dec 17 from local guides congratulating me on Views etc and how my photos are getting 203k views a week.. Let's hope it is a bug/update

Former Google Contributor

Hello @MikeDownes,

Pardon the delay in response. We're looking into this for you now and hope to have an answer for you shortly. 

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

Many thanks, I have just seen photos that i have links for are still visible, like this one of a decathlon store, yet as i said hidden from the public view.

Level 8

Hi @BruceDM i've just remembered that on 7 Dec 17, i made this video where my photos were publicly visible, yet lost view counts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9puIS48ADHM thought it may help diagnose my account and how photos are linked to google.com/+mikedownes thanks..

@BruceDM wrote:

Hello @MikeDownes,

Pardon the delay in response. We're looking into this for you now and hope to have an answer for you shortly. 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @MikeDownes thank you for sharing. At this time we are digging into it but things are moving a bit slower due to the holidays. This will likely have a response sometime in the new year. Thank you for your patience and we will reach out privately once we have some answers.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 8

Hi @BruceDM and anyone else able to help - do you have any news on why my Local Guides account has no photos/videos as public. 

At least if i knew they were NEVER coming back, then i could take photos and post to maps from another account, thanks