AdelAlabd's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Adding Places!!

Hi there, I added many places to the map ( not the Google map maker cause it is not available in Oman ) and got emails about most of them - Success! Published!. 
Nothing being added to the map !!!
Am I doing something wrong or all my efforts are useless? 
Please DONNOT copy and paste!

In google Emails it is written (Note that some changes might take up to 24 hours before appearing on Google!).

Muscat, Muscat Governorate, Oman
19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Adding Places!!

Hi @AdelAlabd,

Let me explain what I am trying to help here.  Please bare with me, it will be a long post.

1.  I cannot help by "approving" your edit, as I have no authority or influence regarding that.

2.  I am trying to help, by find out what is the exact issue here.  Due to language and cultural differences, the wordings you use can mean very different things to others.  "email confirmed places published" + "map area still empty" make me believe your expecting some behavior which is not Maps should work.

- In discuss with different fellow LGs here at LGC, I gained experience that, it is not clear what can be used to validate a place is actually "published" in Maps.

- Most of us think it should be Visible - with a place marker and a place label, while Zooming into the area.  This cannot be used to validate that.

- I state again, when a Place is added and published in Maps, the only way to validated its existence in Maps is by Search.

- For browsing Maps to different Zoom Levels, what places is visible is solely determined by Google's internal algorithm.

- You browse the same area, the result will be different when I browse the same area.  Google will guess the user's interest to display different places.

What I wanted to help is, to give you more details on the Mapping process.  Such that you understand where we are, and what should be the realistic expectation.  

If will help us to reduce frustration due to uncertainty.  As you started to question your effort contributing to Maps is a waste. 

This is the last I want to hear from any fellow LGs.

As you already aware Oman do not have Mapmarker opened, when your edits are pending for more than 5 weeks, you can post at Maps help forum to ask for help.

If you doubt places added and published to Maps but not searchable, you can give us details like Business Name, Full address, so that we can try to search and validate.

That's what we can help each other here.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @AdelAlabd,

Without seeing the Place link, we can just talk in General.

Before that, can you tell me what is your expectation after a place is Added to Maps.  (Approved and Published)

What should you see?  Or what you might not see? 

Level 10

Hi Muhamad, can you give us an example of the place you added by copy/paste the name that you gave to them here? In this way we can check if some result is shown on Gmaps

Level 8

@YK1001 @RiccyB I didn't include a link for a place!
I have been adding many places not just one if you are working for Google maps i believe you will have access to that.
I believe if i added a place and Google Emailed me that it is Published it should not be an empty area for more than a week! I added more than 80 place within a week !!

Level 10

Muhamad, I am an user like you. I asked for the name of some place you add in order to verify which information are on Gmaps about them...

In this way maybe we can help you in understanding the point.

Level 8

Hi @AdelAlabd,

I have no connection with Google except as user.

Actually, wordings you used still make me uncertain.

I tell you my expectation after a place is added - my total added places are far less than you done in one week, for sure.

1.  The place can be located by Search in Maps (with correct search terms).

That's it.

Level 8

Riccardo I do understand that you want to help and you are a local guide as well, i checked the places from different computers already, from different countries, It is not there Riccardo 😕 
so i need somebody to tell me what is the issue in Oman ? nobody supervising ?

Level 8

SampsonF I live in a primitive country, I added all of the health Centers in the country cause it was not there!
and it is a critical places for Emergency !
Anyway thank you so much for trying to help
Cheers

Level 10

@AdelAlabd, if I have a look on Gmaps I find many healt centers in Oman....

OMAN.png

Level 8
Solution

Hi @AdelAlabd,

Let me explain what I am trying to help here.  Please bare with me, it will be a long post.

1.  I cannot help by "approving" your edit, as I have no authority or influence regarding that.

2.  I am trying to help, by find out what is the exact issue here.  Due to language and cultural differences, the wordings you use can mean very different things to others.  "email confirmed places published" + "map area still empty" make me believe your expecting some behavior which is not Maps should work.

- In discuss with different fellow LGs here at LGC, I gained experience that, it is not clear what can be used to validate a place is actually "published" in Maps.

- Most of us think it should be Visible - with a place marker and a place label, while Zooming into the area.  This cannot be used to validate that.

- I state again, when a Place is added and published in Maps, the only way to validated its existence in Maps is by Search.

- For browsing Maps to different Zoom Levels, what places is visible is solely determined by Google's internal algorithm.

- You browse the same area, the result will be different when I browse the same area.  Google will guess the user's interest to display different places.

What I wanted to help is, to give you more details on the Mapping process.  Such that you understand where we are, and what should be the realistic expectation.  

If will help us to reduce frustration due to uncertainty.  As you started to question your effort contributing to Maps is a waste. 

This is the last I want to hear from any fellow LGs.

As you already aware Oman do not have Mapmarker opened, when your edits are pending for more than 5 weeks, you can post at Maps help forum to ask for help.

If you doubt places added and published to Maps but not searchable, you can give us details like Business Name, Full address, so that we can try to search and validate.

That's what we can help each other here.