DineshKanthA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

#AccessibleTourism

xg.jpg

Accessible tourism enables people with access requirements, including mobility, vision and cognitive dimensions of access, to function independently and with equity and dignity through the delivery of universally designed tourist products, services and environments. :Wikipedia

I have decided to take lead in writing special accessibility reviews on tourist sites; Using #AccessibleTourism hashtag lets write reviews with these accessibility details

• Stairs,
  • Accessible toilets,
  • Accessible rout,
  • Accessible parking,
  • Facilities for the visually impaired,
  • Access for less mobile people,
  • Beach access surface,
  • Access limitations,
  • Braille information for visually impaired,
  • Signal equipment for hearing impaired,
  • Accessible entrance and exit,
  • Accessible bathroom sinks
  • and more…

*please avoid using incorrect terms and phrases (Inconvenienced, handicapped, Special, Abnormal, Deaf, blind and etc ) when writing reviews to describe people who have disabilities;

Barriers to access the tourist sites

• steps, uneven surfaces, narrow paths, diverse in nature
  • Inaccessible heritage sites
  • Transportation barriers
  • Accessible accommodation
  • The destination experience
  • Unavailable information on accessible facilities, services, equipment rentals

Yes..we Local guides can break the barriers by writing accessibility reviews in Google maps.gjb.jpg

Lets write accessibility reviews on tourist sites including #AccessibleTourism hashtag;

Scope of this #AccessibleTourism hashtag is to indicate the accessibility features in tourist sites

As a initial step i am hosting this ACCESSIBLE TOURISM MEET-UP as a part of Worldwide Accessibility Walk (WAW) Organized by @EmekaUlor

"lets Enable Tourism For Differently abled "

Thank you

Inspired by @EmekaUlor and @IlankovanT

#letsguide together #SrilankaLocalGuides #GoogleMapsForTourism #LocalGuides

A.Dineshkanth
Sri Lanka
13 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: #AccessibleTourism

Hello @DineshKanthA this is a great idea. Tourism is a large thriving sector globally and it should be inclusive too. 

The industry comprises of transportation and hospitality players.

By promoting inclusiveness sure would increase the global receipt while giving everyone opportunity to explore.

Great job

Level 8

@DineshKanthA@Thanks for sharing this this idea is such a great idea I know mapping is giving a good world . All lovely cards guides doing a great contribution for making are accessible world for all

Level 9

Excellent post @DineshKanthA

Thsnk you so much for your tips and recommendation.

Level 6

Hello @EmekaUlor great to hear from you...Thank you 💛

I have read your accssibility meetup stories,It motivated me to do the same in Srilanka.

Yes the industry comprises of transportation and hospitality players.

Accessibility also mean the transportation; Accessibility reviews will increase and encourage the differently abled in tourism.

A.Dineshkanth
Level 6

Hello @Mdhamidmurtuza Thank you 💛

Yes we cant ignore disabilities, world is even for them also;what we Localguides do is enable it

A.Dineshkanth
Level 6

Hello @helga19 Thank you 💛

A.Dineshkanth
Former Google Contributor

Hi @DineshKanthA,

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm! 

The idea sounds just great, however please avoid using Google in your title, in the uploaded photos or on the organized meet-up so guests are aware that it’s not an official Google organized event.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator . Thank you!
Level 9

Good initiative @DineshKanthA 🙂 all the best..

Level 6

Thank you @IlankovanT Sir 😇

A.Dineshkanth