Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Abuja Local Guides Hike {RECAP}

Last Saturday, Abuja Local Guides took meet-up to whole new level with a group of young hikers, and made an attempt to Hike the Legendary ZUMA rock. The result.................was amazing. 

6:10 am It's still raining and We are  due to Hike? The weather forecast was not accurate today.

under the rainunder the rain

With Calls from here and there asking if we were to Cancel or not. Our resolve was shaken but not broken. approaching the foot of ZUMAapproaching the foot of ZUMAnear the foot of ZUMAnear the foot of ZUMAnear the foot of ZUMAnear the foot of ZUMAAt about 7:00 am, the Calvary began driving for the foot of the Rock, a 30 minute drive from the main town of Abuja.

Parked somewhere close to the foot, round the hill we marched in vain search of a point to hike the Zuma from. The rock is one big stone, it's like a moon!
So besides the rock on the North eastern side, stood another mighty rock, which offered the only possibility of both a Hike and a good view of the Great ZUMA. so down we went, to go up.

IMG_0258.jpgIMG_0253.jpg 

Between bushes we struggled, till we made it to a hike-able part of ZUMA's cousin and up we went. 
Imagine hiking in the rain. with the rock all slippery and unstable. 
360 Images of ZUMA Rock

We tried and tried, but in the end nature overcame our strengths and we had to settle for what we had.
Giving up to natureGiving up to natureIMAG0085.jpg

Nothing could of-course stop us from having our fun, we had come all the way for this and we weren't about to throw in the towel just yet.
Local  Guides and Hikers PoseLocal Guides and Hikers PoseIMG_0262.jpgIMG_0324.jpg

T'was a great  Saturday time. We met news friends and signed up more Local Guides. 

Everybody is HappyEverybody is Happy

Link to Full Photo Album : https://photos.app.goo.gl/brjPnesopq5BshrU9

Abuja, Nigeria
9 comments
Level 10

Re: Abuja Local Guides Hike {RECAP}

Amazing experience and beautiful photos @Anonymous. I wish I was there with you guys, so sad I couldn't make it. Am sure you all definitely had a lot of fun.

Level 7

Waoh.......the pictures shows you guys really enjoyed yourself.

I also wished I was in Abuja at the time of this meet up.

Great recap by @Anonymous......and great pictures too

Level 8

Well done guys! this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.  

Level 9

Nice meetup @Anonymous Thank you for sharing with us..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @HelloSamsonR We really wished you were there too. I know how much you love to climb

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Magbagbeola. Hopefully you'd be around for our next meet-up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Level 10

@Anonymous Nice, i would have loved to do this. I went to the National Children's Park and Zoo in Abuja last month and got some pretty cool shots of this rock/mountain on my DSLR. A great place to hike indeed.

Level 8

@Anonymous nice one. We should do this again soon with a guide very conversant with the Zuma rock trail