FenilD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: About level 6 benifit

Why did google give benefit at first? They should never give benefit if they can't give forever. Policy should announce  clearly since initially that we are helping people, your contributions may help people like the way other help you. Giving benefits is kind of persuading contributors. Then stoping this suddenly make many people crazy and disappointed. I feel like this. In this case, google was wrong.

Level 5

This is about Google crowdsourcing to get reviews for maps and businesses to force out yelp. They gave incentives to get people to actually write reviews and take photos. Now they hit their target, so they are stopping the incentives. Not that that's wrong, but don't act like it's a noble calling. 

Level 6

Here's the thing Paul, I understand "doing a good deed" for the community and all, but Google is getting something from the contributors that maybe they should give them something in return to show them how they are appreciated. We are helping to build Google and Google is really winning in this because they're getting personalized photos and reviews from contributors with nothing to really thank these people for,  (including myself)

Level 7

@PaulPavlinovich Let us be honest with eachother, that is, we the people, who are the free contributors (real fuel of Google Inc.) and Google being the ultimate benificiary.
The motive you just narrated sounds great from our lips and minds. No hard feelings, apogies in advance 😉

Level 7

It's not even about not having benefits at level 6.   I don't mind helping out the community, what I do mind is the bait & switch Google pulled on everyone that made it to level 6.   Look instead of a tangible reward, here is a gold star with some extra tips on it that most people don't even notice lol.  If they wouldn't have dangled the carrot in the first place I would not have even cared, I love helping out...  Google alienated a lot of people and gave them no incentive to contribute any further.      And I love how here it reports me as level 5, even though I am level 6 lol.  

Level 2

Exactly! Local guides generate content that Google monetizes. And yes, this is how all social media companies work, but at least in most of those you get some service in return. Gmail, you get free email; Facebook & Twitter, you get the ability to communicate with your friends,  etc... In this program, you get abosuletly nothing in return except pointy stars, and Google maps gets added quite a bit of value (Google maps sucks in many parts of the world).

To be honest, I stopped contributing after they ended the Google drive perk. I was really outraged by the whole thing.

Level 7

What a bull**####** answer! I DON'T do this for the **####**ing journey. I spend time and effort on this on order to get swag (Google Play Music) was promised and never delivered you sleazy little lawyer liar! If this isn't rectified social and legal reprecussions will occur. I bet 50 AGs breathing down your neck would change your purposely misinformational policies. FYI  my DA friend thinks there could be a very good class action case in the making

Level 1

Heyyyy stubot, I know its only a contextual version of you but you kinda come off like private pile from full metal jacket. Take it down a notch . sorry about the fake carrot. 

Level 7

Screw

Level 3

Ghnshor