Sophia_Cambodia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

A vegetarian restaurant for good breakfast #monthlytopic of May

In respond to monthly topic of May on a shop to have breakfast, initiated by @HiroyukiTakisawa san, I would like to share one special restaurant that offer all vegetarian dishes. The mushroom is the main ingredients for most of the dishes there, black mushroom that I believed imported from China. Believe me, it is more tasty than real chicken meat. The restaurant name is Vitking House (Google Map is here😞 2 branches are located in Phnom Penh city and 2 other branches are located in Siem Reap. I think it is an ideal place for dinning out with friends and families. I often go there with my besties. 

Vegetarian food at Vitking houseVegetarian food at Vitking house

In 2007, it is the first time I learnt that food that has no meat can be very tasty as well. Since then, I have been visited the restaurants on many weekends. Well, there are several dishes I love from that restaurant. The most favorite one is the fried mushroom, it tastes like barbecue chicken. I introduced the restaurant to a French friend and he was like having it everyday during his stay in Cambodia for two weeks. I think there are about 20 dishes+ in this restaurant. Anyone who comes down to Phnom Penh or Siem Reap, should try this.

• It is often full at lunch time (11-12) or dinner time (5:30 - 6:30pm) as locals nowadays fancy vegetarian dishes.
  • You might need to reserve the place in advanced for the fear of waiting for seats.
  • Ideal places for dining with families, friends and workmates.
  • Price is very reasonable, 1.5$-4$/dish

Fried mushroom, my most favorite dishFried mushroom, my most favorite dish

Despite Covid-19, the restaurant is still opening and running.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
8 comments
Level 9

Re: A vegertarian restaurant for good breakfast #monthlytopic of May

Looks delicious!  specially the fried mushroom @Sophia_Cambodia 

Connect Moderator

Re: A vegertarian restaurant for good breakfast #monthlytopic of May

It is @AbdullahAM I order this dish every time I visit the restaurant. It is like a starter before we dig our main dish 🙂

I wish I know how to marinate it. I don' know what they put but they are very tasty for all taste bud, Cambodians, Chinses or Westerners.

Level 10

Re: A vegetarian restaurant for good breakfast #monthlytopic of May

Hi @Sophia_Cambodia 

Vegetarian food also sometimes I like , In Bangladesh there are a few restaurant of vegetarian, But In India I noticed so many Vegetarian restuarant, Youe showing food dishes looks yummy and delicious!   

Thanks for sharing with us dear!

Have a nice day my friend!🌻

MD MAHBUB HYDER
Connect Moderator

Well, I met many Indian who are vegetarian @MAHBUB_HYDER I'm not surprised that you found many vegetarian restaurants there. 

Connect Moderator

Hi, @Sophia_Cambodia 

Thank you for sharing! This is AWESOME! I LOVE vegetarian food. To tell you the truth, my family meals are almost vegetarian foods because of my wife's food restrictions. (Of course, I and my son can eat meats as well.)
That black fried mushroom looks so interesting. I want to try😋 Thanks!

Level 8

That's wonderful, good tip! Thanks @Sophia_Cambodia 
We should have more tips like this. it's these hidden gems we all love and eating vegetarian more often is also very good for your body, the world, and our children's future!

Connect Moderator

Yeah dear, it is so yummy and I urge you to try it once you are around here @HiroyukiTakisawa they taste just even better than normal food!

Connect Moderator

I can't agree more with you dear @KingLionheart since it is so good, I often go to have these vegetarian meals. I see that families often bring their kids to the dining and especially because these food are in very good price @KingLionheart